Home Buying in Dublin>Question Details

Homebuyer2010, Home Buyer in Dublin, CA

Silvera Ranch houses: Whats your opinion? Should we buy or not? Please respond, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Asked by Homebuyer2010, Dublin, CA Sat Sep 11, 2010

We are planning to buy a house in Silvera ranch community in Dublin and would like to hear your suggestions/opinion/recommendation on whether we should buy or not. The house is nice and fully upgraded , decently priced. Though we have few concerns.

Some of the concerns we have are:

1. Secluded from rest of Dublin Ranch community
2. Proposed/Planned Cemetery 2 miles from Silvera ranch
3. Underdeveloped area/landscaping
4. Some people reported noise from Tassajara road.

Answers

3
Better value at Dublin Ranch and I would stay away from the cemetery if you care about your future home values.

I looked at Silvera Ranch myself before purchasing in Positano community in Dublin Ranch.
If you have a concern I would recommend looking in other parts of Dublin too and compare the other neighborhoods to your concerns. Check out the information we have put together on Dublin Ranch through the link below. This will help you in your decision of where you want to live.
If you have any questions, please let us know.

Moxley Team
925-600-0990
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 11, 2010
What does your agent say? Are they familiar with the area? I would hope you are asking them, too, and they are knowledgeable and honest about the pros and cons of the areas you are considering..

I live in Dublin Ranch and sell homes throughout the San Ramon Valley. If the homes in Silveira are the nicest homes that fit you best for the price you can afford, then I'd say yes, buy.

But in terms of resale, the comments I have gotten from my clients when they were looking to buy there is that the floor plans are odd, the lot size sounds big, but the yards really aren't usable, and so, even for the price, my clients have not been willing to buy there. I think that they will continue to under-perfom the market in terms of appreciation.

For the same price, even a smaller home in Dublin Ranch may be better, in terms of resale. The Dublin Ranch community is within walking distance of 8 years of schools, with lots of bike trails and sidewalks to get to all the parks and play areas. You are within walking distance too of Emerald Glen Park, and Safeway.