Kat, Home Buyer in Ohio

Should married people both be on a home loan or should one leave their credit open?

Asked by Kat, Ohio Tue Jan 13, 2009

Answers

4
Kat,

This all depends on your credit. If one has a poor credit score and you don't need their income to qualify, then you don't want them on the loan. Remember, even if that person is not on the loan, they can still be on the Title. If they are not on the title, they still have dower rights.

I hope this helps.

David Wakeman
RE/MAX Classic
david@wakemanrealtors.com
Web Reference: http://wakemanrealtors.com
Hi Kat,
If one person can qualify for the loan that is fine. Sometimes one party's credit rating can prevent the other from qualifying for a loan.
If I can be of any assistance, please givge me a call at 440487-2193 or e-mail at jwirsing@kw.com

John Wirsing
Keller Williams Realty Greater Cleveland
Hi Kat,

When purchasing a home, if one person can qualify without the other, that would be ideal. Then after escrow closes, the other person can always be added to title.
Kat,

This is more of a question that I feel should be answered by a qualified lender. He would be more qualified with the details of how the loan should be structured. He would review your credit records and help you make the best decision on how the loan is prepared.

I would be glad to discuss this with you more in depth and how this would be merged together with the writing of a purchase agreement.

Sincerely