Monique Davis, Home Buyer in Boca Raton, FL

Should I find a real estate agent who can help me PREPARE to buy my home, or wait?

Asked by Monique Davis, Boca Raton, FL Fri May 2, 2014

I am hoping to qualify for a mortgage by the end of this year and would like to complete the buying process by the end of my current rental lease, Mar 2015. Although I filed bk Ch. 7 in May of 2013 (discharged Aug 2013), I want to try for an FHA-backed loan using the economic event/hardship allowance (a job loss of family member living in the home with me). I already have been working to improve my credit score and will have saved at least $7500 by the time I apply. Should I look to connect with a real estate agent who can walk me through the preparation and process as a FTHB? Or wait until I qualify (or pre-qualify) for a mortgage?

Answers

1
It sounds like a Realtor might help, but you might be better off getting a loan officer or mortgage broker involved to help since loans are their business and they know it better than most Realtors.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 2, 2014