Michael Dawk…, Home Buyer in New York, NY

Should I buy a house in Nodine Hill, Yonkers NY?

Asked by Michael Dawkins, New York, NY Tue Jul 2, 2013

Im looking at a townhouse in yonkers to move my family from the south bronx, im not too familiar with yonkers and I dont want to move somewhere worse than where we are currently at. The asking price is 130k and its a 3bd room.

Answers

9
Though Ashburton Ave is not too far. It's almost a sandwich affect. It's up to you what you are filling for and price. That area is not looking like what you are looking for from your above description.
The price seems to be a fair price. Value is in and around $160k. As for the area it's enough distance from Van Cortlandt which can be ????? It all depends on price range. These are all questions you should ask your realtor.

Best of Luck
What's the exact address? Nodine Hill is surrounded by a few streets that you may or may not be interested in.... Just by what I read in your description.
141 Webster Ave Yonkers, NY 10701
Flag Tue Jul 2, 2013
I also have another question, ( i have a realtor btw) the seller is a mortgage broker who bought the house as an investment property so in order for him to give seller's concession, I have to get the mortgage thru his company. He also won't budge from the asking price. I want to know if this is ethical or normal to do in a real estate transaction. 141 Webster Ave Yonkers, NY 10701 is the address of the house.
Sorry but I want advice from people in the area about how it is.
Yonkers has a lot of options in that price range. If you need an area report around that property, please let me know. I will send you a report on the area, schools, services and other pertinent facts. Remember the rule. You get what you pay for. You can only purchase what you can afford. Walk the neighborhood at night before you spend money. If you need assistance...AskRey.

Like AskReynet on Facebook

Rey Hollingsworth Falu
Licensed Associate Real Estate Broker
Houlihan Lawrence - Bronxville

Direct 917-855-0277
rey@askrey.net
Web Reference: http://AskRey.net
Flag Tue Jul 2, 2013
Michael

If you feel more comfortable feel free to give me a call to discuss your concerns and finances.

Jennifer Zucco
(914)562-7575
Charles Rutenberg Realty
Michael,

Your best bet with purchasing a home is to use the tools you have available to make the most educated decision. You should work with a realtor that is familiar with the area and someone you are comfortable with (you do not pay a fee to have a buyers agent represent you unless otherwise agreed to). You should also visit the area, weekdays, evenings and weekends to determine if it is a good fit for you. If you have any concerns with crime/safety, I would also recommend that you ask any of the beat cops or stop by the precinct nearest to the property you are interested in.

Nirmala Caraballo
Licensed Real Estate Agent
Cruse Realty / Cruz Network of Realtors
Tel.: 646-479-7873
Email: nhcaraballo@yahoo.com
Hello

I know a good deal about Yonkers. I use to live in North Yonkers for 10 yrs. what is your price range?