Patricia Pie…, Home Buyer in 21117

Should I buy a home that is priced $30k more than the Phase-In Assessments price?

Asked by Patricia Pierre, 21117 Tue Jun 22, 2010

Answers

3
Paul Moffett’s answer
You cannot really put much into the tax assessment,many people contest them to get taxes reduced.
The best thing to go by is your appraisel.That is also just a picture in time but as of when its done it gives you a strong indication of your new homes current market.
have a great day,
Paul
Remax Advantage
Hi Patricia,

That is a really great question. Market value is what you need to focus on. Tax assessments usually do not correlate with market value. If you are not working with a realtor, please feel free to give me a call. I am an agent in the Owings Mills office of Coldwell Banker and am extremely knowledgable of the area. Best of luck to you!

Lisa Devnew
LDevnew@cbmove.com
410-615-0990
Coldwell Banker
Owings Mills
Hi Patricia, What you pay for a home should be based on current market conditions in the neighborhood where you are purchasing. Tax assessments are not generally a good way to determine value in our area (Anne Arundel County) and I would think it is the same in your area just a bit North of us. Ask your Realtor for advice. If you don't have a Realtor get one. Even with new construction the cost to you for expert guidance is zero and you'll have someone in your corner to give you good advice.