Patricia Pie…, Home Buyer in 21117

Should I buy a home that is priced $30k more than the Phase-In Assessments price?

Asked by Patricia Pierre, 21117 Tue Jun 22, 2010

Answers

3
You cannot really put much into the tax assessment,many people contest them to get taxes reduced.
The best thing to go by is your appraisel.That is also just a picture in time but as of when its done it gives you a strong indication of your new homes current market.
have a great day,
Paul
Remax Advantage
Hi Patricia,

That is a really great question. Market value is what you need to focus on. Tax assessments usually do not correlate with market value. If you are not working with a realtor, please feel free to give me a call. I am an agent in the Owings Mills office of Coldwell Banker and am extremely knowledgable of the area. Best of luck to you!

Lisa Devnew
LDevnew@cbmove.com
410-615-0990
Coldwell Banker
Owings Mills
Hi Patricia, What you pay for a home should be based on current market conditions in the neighborhood where you are purchasing. Tax assessments are not generally a good way to determine value in our area (Anne Arundel County) and I would think it is the same in your area just a bit North of us. Ask your Realtor for advice. If you don't have a Realtor get one. Even with new construction the cost to you for expert guidance is zero and you'll have someone in your corner to give you good advice.