Home Buying in Maui County>Question Details

SB Buyer, Home Buyer in Lahaina, HI

Short sales on Maui?

Asked by SB Buyer, Lahaina, HI Mon Jun 6, 2011

I am a serious buyer, pursuing short sale options! Any licensed short sale brokers want to offer a breakdown on the process on Maui? What is the shortest time to close you have achieved? How did your experience differ from lender to lender? How important was building a relationship with the lender? Did you pursue the lender aggressively for a response? How willing are lenders to take a haircut? Can second liens be a serious stumbling block?

Answers

3
Once again....... any where from 2 years (730 days) to 15 days. 100's of attributes can contribute to the success or failure of Short Sales. For me it's all about the short sale listing agent, if it is someone who is inexperienced or non-aggressive in negotiations, most likely the odds are that it will not close once a buyer has been procured. Good Luck
Aloha Jeff
Web Reference: http://wwwmauiredlist.com
Thanks Jeffrey. How long did it take you to close on your short sale properties?
Aloha Buyer those are all great questions, unfortunately there are 100s of attributes to a short sale and to your questions. I'd suggest using a short sale expert; I would recommend Josh Jerman or Gina Duncan. Both of these agents have over 50 successful short sale closings. I've closed short sales with both of these agents and they are by far the best Short Sale experts Maui has too offer. Good Luck Mahalo Jeff