Home Buying in Fremont>Question Details

Goldendeer, Home Buyer in Mountain View, CA

Short sale and my right

Asked by Goldendeer, Mountain View, CA Fri Jan 11, 2013

I am a buyer. I am very frustrated with the seller agent. I received the contract with the seller signed on July 2012 for short sale. And the seller agent told us that he submitted my offer to the lander bank but I haven’t heard from him since then. My agent and I contact him many times by emails and phone, but we didn’t get any response.

Recently I find out that the status of the property is changed to “Withdrawn/Cancel”. Also the seller agent is “missing” and replaced with other agent name. We contact the new agent/his boss. No answer as well….
my questions is as the below box:

Answers

1
First thing is your offer is submitte dto teh seller, the seller than has to sign accepting. With a short sale that offer is then contingent upon the sellers bank approving. There should be a date that it must be approved by xxxx date. usually 3 months. You need to first review to see if you had a contract or just an offer. Then if the new listing agenmt is in the same office as the old agent, that managing broker is responsible for both. You can leave a message they have 24 hours to reach you and then you are filing a report with teh state real estate commission. if you do not here contact and file a report with the states real estate commission. As far as your contract, you may want to get a lawyer to review to see what you have