Student0456, Home Buyer in 91301

Short-sale! What are my rights as the buyer.?

Asked by Student0456, 91301 Mon Aug 8, 2011

Hi, we are in the process of buying a home through short-sale. We are almost finished and were planning to close the 19th. The gal who had owned the home move out one month ago, but still has itmes in the home. She is trying to push the date further back. We had everything line up, and work schedules changed. very frustrated. The reason for the change is date is so she can have a garage sale that weekend. Ive tried to negotiate that she could have the garage that saturday but thats all, due to I plan to clean carpets then bug bomb the house so its ready for my fam to help me move things on sunday. Trying to be helpful to her needs, but she doesnt seem to be considerate of mine. what are my rights as the buyer on when the closing date should be?

Answers

6
I too am a buyer and the owner does not seem willing to be making any progress on getting out. I was in the house on Saturday and there is NOTHING packed. We are supposed to close in 8 days so I am assuming that they are going to try and drag this out. What are my rights as the buyer? Can I call the police to get them out? What if they leave all of their stuff in the house? The contract says that they have to remove everything. I would think that it is a breach in the contract. What recourse can I take to have them hold to the contract and get them out with all of their stuff?
If you need a Real Estate attorney call David Rendall at Group One Legal. You do have rights. If she's not living there...... then move in when your contract states you can and change the locks.... my opinion.
Time for the agents involved to be a little creative and use their negotiating skills. These are little "bumps in the road" that if allowed can become mountainous or they can be minimal. The size of the obsticle will be determined by the parties involved.

First thing-- since this is a Short Sale, the short sale lender is the one who gives you the last date that the sale must close on their short sale approval letter. You can close any time before that date, but not after (unless they grant an extension). Second thing-- buyer and seller must agree to any change on the closing date. So, if she wants to make it a later date that was originally agreed to, you have to accept it, otherwise he/she cannot do it. Good luck.

Sara Mehrpouyan CDPE
Specializing in Short Sale & Foreclosure
Rodeo Realty
Direct 818-903-2040
http://www.Short-Sale-Vs-Foreclosure-Help.com
Dre License #01712757
Change the locks!

She's out, she has to accomodate YOU!

Good luck and may God bless