Kevin, Home Buyer in Arlington Heights, IL

Short sale BPO question for a 2 bedroom converted to 3.

Asked by Kevin, Arlington Heights, IL Sat Jun 25, 2011

I have my eye on a 2 bedroom condo that was converted into a 3 bedroom condo by the current owners. This is a short sale and is listed as a 3 bedroom; the converted bedroom does not have a built-in closet. My question is when the bank does a BPO, will they do it as a 3 bedroom or a 2 bedroom even if the third bedroom is not a part of the original floor plan?

Answers

3
If the agent doing to BPO has access to the interior of the home, they will likely do the BPO as a 3 bedroom.
So now you have a 8X5 bedroom with two 10 X 10's and the exterior square footage is the same. Some functional issues here. Who are you trying to fool? You the buyer?
You really need to make sure you are dealing with Realtors who are experienced with short sales. The experience level of the agent can affect the outcome of any short sale transaction.