Abraham Levy, Real Estate Pro in Riverside, Jacksonvi...

Short Sale Stigma Surfacing?

Asked by Abraham Levy, Riverside, Jacksonville, FL Fri Jul 26, 2013

Answers

5
Short sales are 90% over, after 7 years. Where have you been ?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jul 27, 2013
Are you referring to the article recently published by Realtor Magazine? Well, as for me, I try to stay away from them whenever possible...if that was the intention of your question...
I don't understand what you mean by your question? Stigma for whom? For a person selling their home as a short sale, will it hurt their credit? Yes. Is there a stigma with the neighbors as they sell the property for less than what they owe, many times hurting comps in the area? Yes?

There are many ways to read this question. For anyone considering a short sale, I would urge them to speak with a local Realtor who has some experience with them. For example, a short sale is listed at a price no one knows IF the bank will accept, and most short sales do require a third party to accept it, on average they can take up to 6 months to close. At least that has been my experience with them here in Tucson, AZ where we saw a flurry of shorts sales since 2008.

Best of luck.

Spirit
Dear Abraham:

Yes short sale stigma is surfacing and getting stronger each and every day. Are you looking to purchase a short sale? If so, I have over 20 years experience of buying and selling real estate in South Florida and would appreciate the opportunity of working with you.

Please contact me at your earliest time and this way we can discuss your needs.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Francesca McFeely
Keller Williams Partners
954-415-1155
francescam@bellsouth.net
Hello Abraham,

Is this a question you are asking or just experiencing the frustrations of a short sale?

If you need anything, feel free to contact me.

Pablo Torres, MBA
AF Realty, LLC
786-205-6988
pabtorres@aol.com
http://www.miamibuyproperties.com