Home Buying in Syracuse>Question Details

Katherine, Home Buyer in Syracuse, NY

Short Sale Advice in Syracuse, NY area

Asked by Katherine, Syracuse, NY Wed Jun 2, 2010

My husband & I are interested in making a offer on a short sale in the Syracuse area. Can anyone recommend an attorney that has experience bringing a short sale to closure? Thank you

Answers

2
First point is ," Are you a qualified Short Sale buyer?" Here you have to wait for 4 months and up. One property is not closed in short sale for more than 3 years. No agent or lawyer could help you in short sale if the seller has more that one creditor. If the first creditor is a major bank, forget it. Most of the properties are unwanted because syracuse market is not a short sale market. If you have cash offer, lot of patience and hope for closing the deal to eternity and a handyman the situation is better. The deal is set with buyer agent who could go after the research about the selling condition. Structurally damaged, not good floor plan, crime area, flood area, bad location in terms of shopping, schools and recreation, run-down cluster of homes around and so on are the reason for most of the short sale. Good agent could scan through all the details. If the house is occupied how good are the occupants. They could damage the property.Have a buyer agent that is the first step. Others ( title, loan, abstract, will fall in your favor. Contact me at georgefri@hotmail.com. My cell: 315-391-3116
Web Reference: http://www.buynyhome.com
Hi Katherine,

Here are two names, it really depends on the situation as well. Is the property listed? Are you using an agent to represent your interests? Has the seller inlisted a negotiation firm to help? I work with short sales in Syracuse New York, all the time and can answer any questions you may have. Call me any time: 315-657-6181

Edward J. Fintel & Associates
430 East Genesee Street, Suite 205
Syracuse, NY 13202 315-424-8252 315-424-8252
Fax: 315-424-7990
ejfintel@aol.com

Vaughn D. Lang, Esq.
Lang Law Office
6883 E. Genesee St.
P.O. Box 469
Fayetteville, NY 13066 Phone:3154451831
315-445-1831
Fax: 315-445-1167
vaughnlang@langlaw.com