MPA Investme…, Home Buyer in Clifton, NJ

Serious InvestorS in search of the RIGHT Agent

Asked by MPA Investments, Clifton, NJ Mon Jan 30, 2012

Hello, my name is Matt and I am a Wholesaler in North Jersey. I work with real investors, some of the best in the state. I did not not email them once ,get a reply, and now claim to be "working" with them, I see these people face to face on a regular basis. This is not some infomercial gag or script. This is the real deal.

I need you to provide access to the MLS for me to run comps (no one expects you to spend your time doing so). I need you to supply listings that match my criteria. I need you to submit my offers. Last but by no means least, I need you to COMMUNICATE WELL.

I am a nice guy, I'm considerate and easy to work with. But I have a job to get done so don't waste my time and I won't waste yours. If you aren't willing to do perform the tasks listed above in a timely manner, then don't respond.

My buyers are able to close in 14 days.

Answers

5
As previously stated, we are unable to provide anyone with our mls login info. In addition your post isn't a question and violates the guidelines of Trulia. I would recommend you writing this perhaps as a blog and maybe you'll get an agent that responds. An agent, of course, that isn't going to give you access to the mls but perhaps runs the comps for you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 30, 2012
Maybe we can help each other
I am working with an investor looking for whole sale property in Newark
Thank you for your replies everyone, they are all appreciated. While as educational and eye opening as they were, granting access is common practice and a necessity when wholesaling. Should anyone be willing to run comps for every property in question -on their own time- I would be more than happy to work with this person. But unfortunately that's just not the case. So we try and get by as best we can. With a little consideration and professionalism, no one is at risk.

However, if anyone can offer a way around this issue, I would be very interested in learning about it.
Hi Matt,
I'm always looking for new opportunities. However, as Don mentioned in the earlier post, we are not allowed to give anyone access to our MLS. You will not find anyone in Northern New Jersey who would be allowed to do so. There are strict rules governing the MLS. If you would like to find an agent in North Jersey to run the comps for you, then please reach out and we can talk. Thanks, Matt, and good luck!
Gaye Collins
Coccia Realty
Madison, NJ
You may have difficulty finding someone "to provide access to the MLS." I don't know what the requirements of the MLS in your area are. But where I am (Washington metro area), you have to be an agent, appraiser, or some other approved category to access the MLS. If someone were to simply give you their user name and password, they could lose their MLS privileges.

It is possible for a non-licensed individual to be an agent's "assistant" and gain access, but the criteria are still strict. In short, you may have a problem gaining direct access.

One suggestion: Check with the investors you work with. They undoubtedly use real estate agents when selling their properties. Ask them for some suggestions. That'll do two things: (1) Help you quickly locate investor-friendly agents, and (2) Give you a lot more credibility when you try to wholesale a deal to investors. If the investor already uses that agent (or is familiar with that agent and has confidence in his/her abilities), then that investor is far more likely to trust the comps generated by that agent.

Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Burke, VA