Home Buying in New Jersey>Question Details

NJR, Home Buyer in New Jersey

Septic Inspection in Monmouth County

Asked by NJR, New Jersey Tue Jun 8, 2010

I am looking to have a septic inspection done in Monmouth County, NJ and am looking for recommendations on an inspection company. Who have you used? What type of inspection did they do? Should I have the inspection done by a contractor or engineer? What cost am I looking at? Thanks!

Answers

4
I recommend Excavating NJ Inc but here is a tip that many may not know; Excavating NJ Inc. also offers a septic insurance that covers home owners up to $25,000. Sellers can purchase a policy, 1-3 years @ $200/yr, and use it as a selling edge since the policy is transferable. It will eliminate the waiting time for a septic inspection and it would put many buyers at ease since they would be covered up to $25,000. For more information you can call Mitch @ 845.545.2867 or visit the company website, http://www.excavatingnj.com
Central Jersey Septic is one of the only full service septic system companies serving Monmouth County residents. Since 1969 Central Jersey Septic has been providing septic system maintenance, inspections, repairs and installations/replacements. Our septic system inspections are thorough to protect both buyers and sellers. CJS is pro-selling and will work with the buyer, seller and agent to conduct the inspection at their convenience, address any problems that are found and work to fix them promptly and professionally. We offer many customer benefits including document retention, free mini inspections with each maintenance visit to avoid costly repairs and a reminder program to keep your septic system investment in peak condition. Call or click today for a quote 732-566-3434 - http://www.centraljerseyseptic.com (Proud member of the Monmouth County Association of Realtors and the Colts Neck Business Association)
Central Jersey did my septic inspection and passed it, giving me the confidence to purchase my home. Within one year of buying the home, water was coming up out of the ground in the area of the leach field. After various band aids, I had to replace the entire system. When I asked Central Jersey how they had passed the system, they shared with me that the prior homeowner had pumped the system just before the inspection, tricking the results of their inspection. Nice excuse, but it cost me a small fortune and I would have expected them to have disclosed they pumped an empty tank. Needless to say when I replaced the septic and leach field(s) I didn't bother using Central Jersey.
Flag Fri Mar 15, 2013
Envirotactics in Spring Lake Heights is a good company. I know they do tank inspections. You might try them. They're on Hwy 71, fyi. Don't know the cost. Sorry.
Web Reference: http://www.dianeglander.com

My last 3 closings involved septic tanks. One failed, the others passed. One was new. (new tanks can still fail) One required a complete new system. One had a 2-day flush test. The others did not. One had lots of trees and therefore lots of 'roots" growing in the fields and around the septic tank and D tank.

Every situation is different. The companies that I recommend are different depending upon the circumstances and the location.

Feel free to provide more details or contact me directly.

Deb

Would be happy to help......but need additional info.
Deborah Madey, Real Estate Pro in Brick, NJ