Home Buying in Alpharetta>Question Details

Holly Mcclure, Home Buyer in Marietta, GA

Selling home on St. Simons Island and downsizing to the Atlanta area. What's a good location for a mid sixties couple who like golf and tennis?

Asked by Holly Mcclure, Marietta, GA Tue Jan 8, 2013

We work at home so rush hour traffic isn't a problem. Want something smaller than our four bedroom with five toilets to clean and big pool to care for on St. Simons Island but with access to golf and tennis in the Atlanta area. Not down town but not in a rural area either.Looking in Roswell and Alpharetta. Is that my best bet?

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3080634636-135-Hopewell-Chase…

Answers

19
Yes, Alpharetta, Milton, Johns Creek are the best for golf and tennis neighborhoods. There are over 11 golf clubs in these areas and all have a different feel depending on weather you want a golf, tennis or family atmosphere. I live in the area and used to be in the golf club business for 15 years. Let me know if you ever need more help.
Easiest question ever. Peachtree Corners. The Raquet Club of the South is here and the Golf Club of the South is about 2 miles away. There are countless other country clubs in the area as well.

If you want to learn more about the area or need help finding a home, visit my website at http://www.cornersrealty.com
contact Cathy Adams (678-488-7568 !house is move in condition in VICKERY, CUMMING,ga 30040
Master on main....tennis /pool/parks/Vickery Village ,..golf in Alpharetta.. grandchildren moved so selling
a great community, Vickery Village..
South Forsyth County might be perfect for you.

Forsyth County has a school tax homestead exemption for homeowners 65 or older. The school tax is 16.3 mils of the 26.624 normal millage rate. So if you qualify, your millage rate would be about 10 mils...maybe less.

South Forsyth is suburban with a lot of good public and private golf courses and a lot of tennis within 5-20 minutes. Or you could live in a private course neighborhood. Lots of upscale shopping and dining close by too.
.
I was through LFP today, saw some interesting mechandise in a few store front windows....bathed in a red hue....might have been a Krispy Kreme

Then back to reality as I saw a crack ho waltzing on the side walk with a broken heel, crooked pink and green wig. She had thighs Dreamland BBQ would be jealous of and a face like an old catcher's mitt....

Europe.....uh.... no
That's my girl!
Flag Wed Jan 16, 2013
OK, so, my Little Five Points is like Amsterdam's De Wallen, without the prostitutes and the space cakes, and I love Roswell for OTP living, but the closest we've got to Europe is not in GA - Sherman burned us down - we ain't Europe for another few centuries...
Downtown Roswell is like Europe? Candace that is priceless and a keeper :)

I too think Roswell is a great place, came here from NY in '93 and have nothing but good things to say. But Europe?

Now the Marietta Square area....Slovakia?
Holly,

You have many options for an easy care small cluster type home in Roswell, Alpharetta, and even certain parts of Marietta. The more you can spend abouve $150 K the more options you have. Atlanta is heavy on tennis and golfing is abundant too. The key when looking at these type properties is the quality of the area.

You want to be very careful about condo communities (all townhomes are not condos) and certain SFR developements that have a high number of investors/owners who snapped up foreclosures and filled them with renters.

I can do all that sort of due-diligence and a lot more to help you make a sound investment.

Reach out if I can help.

Robert Whitfield
Broker/Owner
Professional Buyers Broker
New Home Construction Expert
ICC Code Certified Building Inspector
Advantage Realtors
678-585-9691
RobertWhitfield.com
TheHomeBuyersRep.com
Corporate Relocations | New Construction | Luxury & Investment Properties
How about Roswell within walking distance of Canton Street?

Check it out http://www.aliveafterfiveroswell.com

Downtown Roswell is like Europe in Atlanta with restaurants with outdoor seating, art galleries, and coffee shops. You could go for a single family home or a townhome with fewer toilets to clean!

I'd love to help! Give me a call!

Candace Deshe
Associate Broker
Certified Distressed Property Expert
Certified Residential Specialist

E-Fax: 770-573-3634
Website: http://www.CandaceDeshe.com
e-mail: CandaceDeshe@gmail.com

Keller Williams Realty Consultants
695 Mansell Road, Suite 102, Roswell, GA 30076
Dear Holly,

I have been living and working in Roswell for 15 years, love it for convenient commute and a small-town feel, great dining and shopping spots, walking Chattachoochee River banks, etc.

Roswell has several country club neighborhoods (golf & tennis), with homes starting from $200K-$250K. There are also neighborhoods offering tennis programs; you can join golf clubs nearby. I am playing tennis at the River Club (part of Martin's Landing neighborhood) and so far having lots and lots of fun.

I will be happy to answer all of your questions, feel free to call 678-230-4235) or email at your convenience.

Happy and prosperous 2013!

Veronika Barash, Realtor®,

CERTIFIED SKILLED NEGOTIATOR

REO & SHORT SALE CERTIFIED

CERTIFIED MARKETING SPECIALIST

RELOCATION SPECIALIST

http://www.AtlantaSelectHomes.com

678.230.4235 c

678.287.4800 o

404.410.6983 f

Keller Williams Realty Consultants

695 Mansell Rd. Ste 120

Roswell GA 30076
Holly, you are on the right track, just sorry to hear you are leaving St. Simons, it's one of our favorite places to play golf, we love The Lodge especially. You should start in Alpharetta and perhaps go a little north if you don't find what you want. There are a lot of fun courses and golf/tennis communities for you to check out (bring your clubs and we can arrange some rounds so you can check it out for yourself. Many are looking for new members and have some deals due to the economy, if you are looking for a club. If not, I can give you recommendations for the better courses that have great guest deals.
I'd be happy to give you more details, just call or email me. We belong out are ACC so we could maybe play a round there when you are in town.
Good luck with your search!
Kathy Morrison
Realtor/Owner
Team Realty Group
Alphareta, Game
404-697-4626 (direct)
Kathy@chipandkathy.com
You need to consider price - at the 125K -150K range which is what that home is your realistic choices are going to be limited. A careful review of an area is essential as you don't want to be involved in a heavy rental area. I would suggest looking at townhomes and cluster homes, something with the "lock and leave" option.

You have options but just be thorough in the area research and trends.
Web Reference: http://www.hmtatlanta.com
Alpharetta, Milton, and Canton would be my suggestions
Lots of choices...even in Buckhead.

Google Cross Creek country club.

I like Roswell for what you seek.

Peachtree City works too.

If I had your choices in mind, and your budget then I would live in Candler Park or East Lake...
Web Reference: Http://intowninsider.com
Anywhere north of the Atlanta area but if you wish to get away from the hustle and enjoy lower taxes Forsyth is a great county to consider. If you have any questions or concerns do not hesitate to call or e-mail me and would like to invite you to my personal website, just click on the link below:

http://www.homesincummingga.com
I am partial to the Forsyth County/Cumming area North along the GA400N corridor, but anywhere in the north metro area is great. The taxes are a little higher in Fulton County.

Forsyth County has been a real growth area and has great schools, a regional medical facility, great schools, encompasses Lake Lanier, etc. and is close to the North Georgia Mountains and its many wineries, recreational areas, etc. It has become a great place to retire.

If you dsire any additional info on the area, just let me know.

Have a great day!

Dave G.
Prudential GA Realty
678-637-6914
I have a place in Darien, GA. Know St. Simons area well. I would love to talk with you and get more information so I am able to better meet your needs.

Please give me a call at 770-403-2426.

I live in Cherokee so I'm somewhat partial. Less congestion but still an up and coming area.

Cindy
Yes, Alpharetta or Roswell are excellent choices. There are some nice choices in East Cherokee also.