Richard Marh…, Real Estate Pro in Fort Wayne, IN

Selling a home by owner. How do i get it listed on MLS and pay only half the commission to the buyers agent? I've heard this can be done.

Asked by Richard Marhoover, Fort Wayne, IN Mon Jun 24, 2013

Answers

3
Darren P. Schortgen’s answer
Richard,

Listing commissions are always negotiable. But as the others have pointed out, in real estate, you tend to get what you pay for. I recommend speaking to a Realtor, whether it be me, or someone else. It doesn't cost you anything to ask questions, and it's easier to have a direct conversation with someone.

Feel free to call or email me, and I would be happy to discuss your individual situation.

Darren Schortgen
Schortgen Realty
260.385.7603
Darren@DarrenSchortgen.com
Web Reference: http://SchortgenRealty.com
Some listing agents negotiate but if you want them to work for free (which is what you are asking)
how much service do you expect? What will your listing agent get? Listing agent often does more work than the selling agent (buyer's agent).
I guess i was asking if I had an agent work with me to get people in the door, they would get the commission. I'm not expecting anyone to work for free.
Flag Mon Jun 24, 2013
MLS is the listing tool for real estate individuals who pay dues to belong. To get it listed on MLS you hire an agent who is a member of MLS. Give me a call at 260-402-4083 and we can discuss your home.