Home Buying in Leesburg>Question Details

Lucky1, Home Buyer in Herndon, VA

Sellers are not allowing appraiser to the house until we sign contingency removal.

Asked by Lucky1, Herndon, VA Fri Aug 10, 2012

What are my options here? I am in purchase contract with the sellers but they are denying access to the appraiser until I sing the contingency removal.
My lender is waiting on them and we make different attempt and my agent is trying with them but they are adamant.
Are they in breach of contract? what can I do, or ask my agent to do?

Answers

5
It seems that you also asked this question about this transaction:

http://www.trulia.com/voices/Home_Buying/What_are_my_options…

You need to contact a real estate lawyer to review your contract.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 12, 2012
I just read the link that was provided below..............if I understand that, it seems like you were not yet approved by your first lender - possibly even turned down..........the time frame for obtaining your loan seems to have passed, and you are on an extension.................so..................I can now understand if the sellers are getting frustrated with you..............did you go to a 2nd lender in the hope they will approve you? I am not quite sure what has transpired.

There are some missing parts to this puzzle................you really do need legal advice.
MOve it up to the broker level.

Paragraph 8 of the the VA contract covers access for inspectors, lender representatives for appraisal purposes, etc.

They agreed to make the property accessible. The contract says, make available, there is no condition.
What contingency removal are the sellers asking you to sign? There are several during the home buying process. Home Inspection, Radon, Financing, Appraisal etc... The Appraisal Contingency? If so, how can the sellers ask you to sign a contingency removal without having an appraisal done first. Please post more deatils so that I may better answer your question.
They want me to sing the financing contingency.
Flag Fri Aug 10, 2012
What contingency are they asking you to remove? Has the contingency been satisfied? Or are they trying to blackmail you into removing it? Need more info, and you might be best discussing this with a legal professional to determine if they are in breach. At any rate, it sounds like an unusual situation...
They are asking me to sign conventional financing contingency addendum because I am change lender in the middle of the contract.
Flag Fri Aug 10, 2012