Rochelle, Other/Just Looking in 18052

Seller declined showing still for sale after a few weeks

Asked by Rochelle, 18052 Tue May 29, 2012

My hubby and I have been looking at a property online/drove by a few times for at least 6 mo now. Finally got things in order and are ready to move forward, called an agent and said we want to see this house, 75-80% sure we will make an offer and put ours on market. Agent tried to set up showing but seller declined, when probed further broker firm (not selling agent) indicated that seller has financial issues and may be taking house off the market(info on house: listed in 2010, under contract 2011, 2
Price reductions, personally it seems to be overpriced for market) seller agent doesn't seem to be on he ball(didn't know seller was thinking of taking off market, personal website price is 10k higher than elsewhere) my ? Is this possibly a legal issue(bankruptcy foreclosure short sale) situation. Or Should I contact my agent again to see if there is any new info(currently we have no contract with said agent). I'm not willing to give up on this property, if there is a chance!!

Answers

4
One of the most common mistakes I see buyers make is obsessing on a difficult transaction and going at it backwards. There is a natural flow when done correctly. If you need to sell your home before buying another one that is the step to focus on, you can’t reach second base and still keep your foot on first. Good luck,

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
JSimms@cmcloans.com
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
Morning
If you really think this maybe the house for you than your agent needs to step up to the plate. If you do not have a buyer agency agreement with the agent that is supposed to be representing you
than you are welcome to give me a call. I am on the road most of the day and if the home is in the Lehigh Valley I'm sure I could get you more details. Feel free to email, call, or text me.
484-330-6619
Proverbs 22:1
Hello Rochelle,
I suggest that you have your agent who showed you the home perform a bit of research on the property. Your agent should contact the tax assessor's office there to determine if the seller has a lien on the property as well as if there is a "lis pendens" which means that the lender may be starting legal action on the home if the seller is not making payments on his mortgage. It's a good place to start to determine why the seller isn't showing his home for sale.

Often times a property is taken off the market temporarily before it becomes a "distressed" sale and even might change to a different real estate firm representing them.

Good luck to you!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
There is always a chance. Your story is sort of hard to understand. Listing incorrectly here or there is not illegal, just not very smart. Taking a house off the market when you have financial issues is certainly common when foreclosure is eminent.