Home Buying in Oregon>Question Details

Lulaprl, Home Buyer in Portland, OR

Seller canceled MY FHA inspector prior to closing then canceled sale for no reason. Can they do this?

Asked by Lulaprl, Portland, OR Mon Oct 11, 2010

FHA loan. I paid for multiple inspections. FHA inspector is backed up a couple weeks here and I finally got an appt a few days prior to closing date. I asked for a 2 week extension to close. They said no, cancelled the inspector on the day of inspection (prior to our closing date), sent a notice of cancelation of sale, and relisted the house. My earnest money is still in escrow. Can they do this..simply cancel my inspector and sale altogether before our agreed upon closing date because they suddenly change their minds?

Answers

2
Laws vary from state to state. A buyer can never force a seller to sell however you could go to small claims court and make a claim for the funds out of pocket you've had. However, the best thing is to contact a real estate attorney.

Betty Jung, Broker
RE/MAX equity group, inc.
5800 Meadows Rd. #100
Lake Oswego, OR 97035
email: bettyjung@remax.net
Much will depend on your contract, review the document as the answer can be found in it--what is your agent and or attorney advising.....