Home Buying in Miami>Question Details

Dstiy63, Home Buyer in Delray Beach, FL

Seller and I signed purchase agreement. After inspection, I requested a price reduction. Seller countered. What happens next?

Asked by Dstiy63, Delray Beach, FL Tue Apr 22, 2014

Ok, so I requested price reduction within inspection period for x dollars. Seller countered with y dollars after inspection period was over. If I don't accept the y offer, do I lose my deposit?

Answers

2
If there is a Realtor involved in this transaction, Realtor should have cleared all issues prior to end of inspection period. Technically, you requested a credit and credit was not accepted by the Seller.
It all depends if the contract was an as is contract . If that is the case . I do not believe you may receive a credit for things that occured during inspection period . If they were things that the seller was aware of and failed to disclose . I believe you have a right to ask for what is needed .

Samantha Tenzer Friedman
Tenzer Realty
Cell : 786 314 6100
Email: SamanthaTenzer@yahoo.com
Website: http://www.tenzersellshomes.com