Home Buying in Miami>Question Details

Dstiy63, Home Buyer in Delray Beach, FL

Seller and I signed purchase agreement. After inspection, I requested a price reduction. Seller countered. What happens next?

Asked by Dstiy63, Delray Beach, FL Tue Apr 22, 2014

Ok, so I requested price reduction within inspection period for x dollars. Seller countered with y dollars after inspection period was over. If I don't accept the y offer, do I lose my deposit?

Answers

3
If there is a Realtor involved in this transaction, Realtor should have cleared all issues prior to end of inspection period. Technically, you requested a credit and credit was not accepted by the Seller.
Marco is correct, if your contract is in order and you are within the parameters of your contingencies, you will get your deposit back. Your REALTOR will be able to navigate this issue for you.

If you are in the DIY arena, there is no way to know what the outcome will be.

The seller should now go to their back up buyer and resume the sale process with them.
What contract form are you using? If you are using a form approved by Florida Realtors and the Florida Bar, most likely the answer is No as long as you have done the inspection with in the inspection period. It is very important that buyers work with a professional Realtor.
Marco Torres
Miami Premier Realty
(305)903-3123