Home Buying in West Wildwood>Question Details

Kitkat, Home Buyer in West Wildwood, NJ

Seems to be a lot for sale in W. Wildwood. Was there a lot of flooding from Irene? Is W. Wildwood a good place to buy a second home? Thank you!

Asked by Kitkat, West Wildwood, NJ Wed Apr 18, 2012

Answers

1
West Wildwood is nice place. Very casual living. I would not say alot of flooding. most of the homes have been lifted. West Wildwood has always been known for it's low lying areas. but certainly if there was a hurricane you would not want to hang around. But average storms don;t really bother the island. Alot has been done to curtail the problems from the past.

Living in WW is secluded. Most of the value in property there is located on the canals. There is one section of canal that is sort of landlocked. The 2 bridges that surround the waterway only allow smaller boats to enter therefore you are limited to for access that way. These homes are little less in value if you are looking for water access.

The other is the probably more of a problem all the way around the WW island. Low water. No dredging has been done which makes water/docking access difficult.

West Wildwood is a nice place and there are some deals there you can pick up.

If I can help you there please call me I am very familiar with the island.

Are you interested in renting or for your own home?

Search foreclosures and short sale here: http://www.BuyNJShortSales.com
Search the MLS on your phone by Text: In the subject line on your mobile phone- LSAR1 -to number 87778 ... hit send... A GPS feature for listings at your finger tips
Larry Sarlo
RE/MAX Preferred
609-868-1171 call / text / email 7 days
lsarlo@comcast.net
http://www.larrysarlo.com
415 Egg Harbor Rd st 9 Turnersville, NJ 08080
off: 856-589-4848 Cell 856-318-9884 Cell 609-868-1171 Fax 856-258-6040
Thank you for your help. We are looking to purchase a vacation home. We are looking into many areas. We are up in Essex County, NJ, so some of the more Northern Shore areas are a lot closer to us, but they are also much more expensive. When we come down to look at properties. I will contact you.
Flag Thu Apr 19, 2012