Marlee'smom, Home Buyer in 18032

Seeking the advice of someone knowledgeable about PHFA home loan programs

Asked by Marlee'smom, 18032 Sat Sep 24, 2011

I am currently renting but ideally would like to own my own home. Here is my situation, I am working on rebuilding my credit, right now it is considered fair. My lease is up in 5 months so would be looking to move around Feb-March if able to . I have little money available for a down payment/closing costs which I know makes the process more challenging. I know there are programs out there but am still unsure if I would be able to get the assistance I would need to close on a home. I know I meet the eligibility requirements as far as income is involved for the PHFA programs and I know there are loans to help with closing costs and down payments. It just seems difficult to find someone who either is knowledgeable or is an advocate of these programs. Any help would be great.

Answers

6
contact Suzanne Williams of Metropolitan Funding.
1 (215) 572 5626
suzanne@metropolicanfundinggroup.com

i have leveraged Suzanne for over 15 years. She is a senior person at the firm and will do the very best she can for you. She is very knowledge about all types of lending.

Tell her Brenda referred you.
I have written extensively about the PHFA program. I suggest that you speak to a PHFA approved housing agency. The housing councilors will assist you in getting your credit in order, and are familiar with the closing cost assistance programs. The web reference below will redirect you to the site that contains the PHFA approved counseling agencies,. The PHFA pages also contain the maximum sales price and income limts and other useful information. Good Luck!
Hello Marlee,

Basically a PHFA loan is approved either as a conventional or FHA, and then PHFA comes along and approves the funding of the downpayment. It's not that complicated.. However i'd be happy to answer any other questions.

Alan
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 25, 2011
We use them regularly here in Schuylkill County. Try calling Fulton Bank, VIST Bank or Susquehanna Bank.
Here are some active mortgage loan officers here on Trulia who are in Pennsylvania & are familiar with PHFA's programs:

http://www.trulia.com/profile/AlanOpenshaw/
http://www.trulia.com/profile/edfallon/
http://www.trulia.com/profile/themortgageman/
This is similar to South Carolina's State Housing Fund Loan and is a great program for buyers! Check out the website below, at the top click on "HOME OWNERSHIP" then scroll down to "LENDERS AND BROKERS" on the next screen, click on the highlighted hyperlink "PARTICIPATING LENDING INSTITUTIONS" . This will give you a full list of professionals in your neighborhood that are knowledgeable on this particular program, can educate you on whether this is the right program for you, and if so, can get you started! Congrats on making the big decision to buy, it's a great time since interest rates are so low! I hope this information helps! Good Luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 24, 2011