Home Buying in Boca Raton>Question Details

Skylar, Home Buyer in Boca Raton, FL

Seeking a house in Boca (maybe twhn/condo) aprox $300K in a great school district. I like the gated communities but I also love the beach & water.

Asked by Skylar, Boca Raton, FL Mon Dec 31, 2012

I enjoy a formal & well maintained upscale area. I'm a single mom & it seems like the gated communities might be a little "ticky tacky". Is there a community that has a welcoming feel & encompasses my wish list & if so, please share specific suggestions.

Answers

11
Dear Skylar,

Thank you for putting your children's education on the top of the list when deciding on the perfect place to live. One of my favorite sites when it comes to school ratings is http://www.greatschools.org and if you have an iPhone check out their app which is also a fantastic tool. I love their site, use it often and highly recommend it to my clients who are interested in finding the best schools for their children's education. GreatSchools profiles public, private and charter schools and has a great format for readers to leave comments. Besides their rating system the comment section is the best place to go to get real life feedback from children who attend the schools as well as their parents. You will find that overall Boca Raton has one of the best school districts in Palm Beach County.

You might also want to check out the Florida Department of Education School accountability reports which are also a wealth of information and can be accessed with this link;

http://schoolgrades.fldoe.org/default.asp

The best thing you can do is locate a qualified Realtor who can assist you in showing you the ideal neighborhoods that meet your needs and properly assist you in locating the best new opportunities. In this market you have to be ready to act quickly when the right opportunities present themselves. I would enjoy the opportunity to be on the list of Realtors® you interview be very happy to work with you towards meeting your goals. The current market is really a perfect storm and in my opinion Florida real estate in the right location is one of the absolute best investment opportunities we will see in our lifetimes.

Best of luck and if I can offer anything additional please let me know.

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 1, 2013
You are fortunate in that homes in Boca Raton will all be in a great school district. As for gated communities within a mid $300,000 to range, you may want to look at homes in Boca Greens. This community is situated around a golf course, but membership is not mandator.

You might also look into the Isle at Mission Bay,Regatta at Mission Bay and Ventura at Mission Bay, all of which are in West Boca Raton.

If you don't need a gated community, other subdivisions in Mission Bay may work for you. Also there are numerous homes in Loggers Run, Boca Winds, and Boca Chase, all in West Boca. Mission Bay also has two townhouse communities that are priced well below the $300 range.

For people who prefer well kept up communities that do not have homeowner associations, you may want to ask your Boca Raton real estate agent to bring you to see homes in Boca Raton Square in east Boca Raton.

A commmunity in mid Boca is Boca Pointe, and that will give you access to condos, townhomes, and single family houses. This is a gated community, much of which surrounds a golf course, but membership is not mandatory.

While condos may be the most affordable, you may find it difficult to find condos larger than 2/2 within the price range you have in mind, especially near the water. You will find that as you move closer to the ocean, home prices tend to increase.

Boca Raton, my home for the last 12 years, is a very friendly place to live. You are likely to find that most communities will have that welcoming feel that you are hoping to find.

Marc Jablon, The Jablon Team
RE/MAX Complete Solutions
JablonTeam@gmail.com
561-213-7139
http://www.JablonTeam.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 31, 2012
I think you may like Boca Pointe. It's gated , but has children and pets , sparkly clean , formal, and well maintained community . It's quite large encompassing many communities .You may like the townhouses ...2 and 3 bedrooms , some with garage ..almost like a private home .About 10 min to the ocean .
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 31, 2012
I too am a single mom. I live in Fairfield at Boca which is in a great location near the mall and close enough to the beach. This is a friendly Neighbirhood, manned guard gate, 2 pools, tennis, playground, basketball and a lakeside jogging trail that leads to Boca center. At any given time there are kids out on their bikes, people out walking the neighborhood and dogs. It's certainly worth a look. AAA rated schools.

I am a real estate broker and do a lot of work here in Fairfields. Please give me a call if you would think you might be interested in Fairfield.

Sue Townsend, Broker
E Property Solution
561-703-7594
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 31, 2012
Skylar,

I live on the beach in Boca Raton; for the last 10 + years...

I have lived here in Boca Raton ***"full time"*** for almost 25 years...

Check my profile... I will get the mission accomplished...

Read the feedback (recommendations)...

Contact me:
Gary - (561) 306-7653
I am local and available.
Web Reference: http://www.garyyoungman.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 31, 2012
Hello Skylar:

Boca Raton is well known for its excellent schools. Call me or we can meet at my office to talk about finding you the best suited gated community in your price range. We are a member of Leading Real Estate Companies of The World (The largest Relocation Network).

Gene Platt REALTOR®
Illustrated Properties Real Estate
(561) 632-5400
genedpla@gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/ShowMePalmBeach
If you need a great agent to assist you please email me at acohn@themortgagefirm.com for more info.
Hi Skylar,

I live across the street from Mission Bay which is a very family friendly area. There are a lot of other communities in West Boca which are close to A rated schools and 15 minutes or so from the beach. East Boca may be a good fit as well.

Please let me know if you would like to discuss futher so that we can get more specific about how far from the beach you would like to be and other important details about your wish list.

It would be my pleasure to assist you.

Maja

Maja Loi
Coldwell Banker
561-221-2968
Good evening and Happy New year.
Seek and WE shall find the dream home for you. Many questions ought to be answered prior to your selection of a home.
There are many areas in Boca which will be very accommodating, yet, any man-gated, gated or non-gated may be just the right place. Home owners fees may be important, as well. Obviously, a school may be important to you.
Please contact me to discuss your needs and wants so that I may research the approporiate location in Boca for you and yours.
Warmly,
Marvin
Marvin Krause, Realtor®
LYONSGATE REALTY, Inc.
Email: DR1932@aol.com
Web: http://www.HomesinBocaDelrayBoynton.com
I woul be glad to help you find a community that would fit into your description
I suggest that you come into my office & preview the communites and listings so we can find you a home.
I live in Boca & Love it

Carol Manzutto
Coldwell Banker
561-703-0630
I definitely know of great townhouse or condo communities in Boca As for private homes I can send you what is available in your price range. Feel free to contact me. Happy New Year
Marni Zuckerman
Signature International Real Estate
561-613-9335
ListWithMarni@gmail.com