Jrd101, Home Buyer in 07090

Searching for Modern/ Contemporary homes in NJ.

Asked by Jrd101, 07090 Wed Aug 5, 2009

Is there a way to search for just modern/contemporary houses in NJ? I am looking for something within an hours commute of Union NJ where I work.
Thank you

Answers

11
Contemporary homes.... in what county? I belive you are in union Co/Westfield. Great, we have a variety of homes to offer in this area. How big of a home do you need? Ho high are you willing to pay? New constructions are as you imagine much more expensive than older homes. I will be more tha glad to help you out, my office is in Town at Prudential by the train station, Stop by and we can disscuss all issues. Gladys
Hi Jrd, Debbie's point is a good one - an hour from Union gives you a lot of territory to cover. I'm sending along a link to a sampling of contemporay homes in Somerset County communities that would be within your commuting distance. You'll see that there are choices in a wide range of prices and size. Take a look, and be sure to think of me for your Somerset County search. It is lovely out this way - you tend to have larger lot sizes if that is important to you.
http://emailrpt.gsmls.com/public/show_public_report_rpt.do?r…

Jeannie Feenick
"Unwavering Commitment to Service"
Search the MLS at http://www.feenick.com
Web Reference: http://www.feenick.com
Hi Jrd
You've gotten some great advice here on how to search for contemporary homes.......but...........
What you really need is to have a few agents in various areas help you narrow down your search to a specific area.

Your price range will help determine a lot of factors, and help point you in a direction. Your personal needs in that modern home you are looking for are also important to know. Do you need 3 br's or more? Do you want a master bedroom on the main level? How does a ranch style work for you? What about a pool? Do you want a totally open floorplan, or more defined space? So many questions need to be answered!!!

To be within an hour's commute of Union gives you MANY options. Pick a direction......north, east, south or west - and you will have choices!!!!

I cover the Livingston/Short Hills/Caldwell area, dipping into Morris County..........we have some beautiful comtemporary homes, for sale here, especially in Livingston, W. Orange and N Caldwell. Florham Park and E. Hanover also offer newer homes, many with a contemporary design. Soaring ceilings, skylights, open kitchen/family rooms, walls of glass are just some of the amenities found in local contemporary homes.

It would be my pleasure to speak with you, and help you at least include or eliminate my area from your search.
Please feel free to email or call me to discuss this further.
After 24 years in the business, I won't waste your time, and i will help guide you in the direction that's right for you.

Best wishes to you.....
Debbie Rose
Sales Associate
Prudential NJ Properties
email: Debbie.Rose@PrudentialNewJersey.com
Hi Jrd 101,

In your search for a modern/contemporary home, you could utilize "Year built" in your search criteria to bring up some of the newer homes that were recently built that with modern and/or contemporary features and style.
As far as distance to Union, you have several options: Essex, Morris, Middlesex, and Somerset counties all have towns that are within an hour commute via car to Union.

Best of luck to you and your search.

Marsha B. Washington
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
2 E. Mt. Pleasant Avenue
Livingston, NJ 07039
marsha.bowenwashington@cbmoves.com
Hi Jrd101, yes, there sure is a way to search for contemporary homes - this is in fact a "style" description in the MLS and so it can be included as a criteria in the search. I'd also pull in custom homes as agents sometimes describe contemporary homes this way trying to appeal to a wider audience.

I'd be happy to assist you - you can reach me here at Trulia or by emailing jeanne@feenick.com

Jeannie Feenick
"Unwavering Commitment to Service"
Web Reference: http://www.feenick.com
JRD-my first response is "what does contemporary mean to YOU?" Is it an architectural style or construction date issue? The MLS is pretty good at construction dates, searches can be defined and automate with a small percentage of missed/false opportunities.
If it's style, fuhgeddabout the MLS--you will need to ally with someone who has seen all the inventory, who can understand your priorities and point you in the right direction.
Look me up if you wish to discuss further, on line or on phone. All the best. . .
If you are NOT working with anyone, contact me. My office and I have a high number of listings (some office exclusives) that may fit your needs.
Yes, there is a way to search just for contemporary homes; just it has to be put as a search criteria in MLS.
Sometimes some homes are not listed as contemporary, but has this flavor, so your agent should check every listing one by one and contact a listing agent just to verify that house is what you are looking for. And it is not too much work. If you don't work with any Realtor, you should, and your search will be much easier.
Yelena Tsuladze
Broker/Owner
ADVANCED REALTY GROUP, LLC
Morristown, NJ
973-843-0053, x 100
Web Reference: http://YelenaSellsHomes.com
unfortunately since contemporary homes are not often desired, many agents will use other descriptions such as other or multi level or split. Agents can often use contemporary as a style and search that way but some good candidates might not show up. Your area is also very wide and should be narrowed down quite a bit. Try looking at how you want to commute, schools, terrain,community make up etc. (go see for your self the towns you are considering)
Jrd,

If you are working with an agent they can surely set up an auto search for you by checking the contemporary box on the search criteria which would then just generate contemporary listings which would be emailed to you. Sometimes the problem with that is the listing agent either fails to check the contemporary box when inputting the data into the MLS as the property may fall under different categories as well. I typically set many of my buyers up on auto search but in addition I manually go through each listing that comes up in their desired area in the event that the property meets their criteria but failed to be emailed to them for one reason or another.

If you are not working with an agent, I'm not sure if the public real estate search sites offer a drop down for contemporary but you can visit my website and choose contemporary from the drop down menu under "style". You can also set up an autosearch directly from my site or I can set one up for you. http://www.prudentialnewjersey.com/Search/gina.chirico

Good luck and feel free to contact me directly should you have any questions.

Gina Chirico, Sales Associate
Prudential NJ Properties
973-715-1158 cell
973-992-6363 ext 116
Gina.Chirico@PrudentialNewJersey.com
Jrd101,

I am able to do "searches" for you based upon "home style" (as well as price, town,
#bedrooms, etc)

Please contact me -- I can match you up with the right home for your needs.

Marilyn Holda-Fleck
Prudential NJ Properties
Marilyn.Fleck@PrudentialNewJersey.com