Home Buying in Sea Isle City>Question Details

mgvrmark, Home Buyer in Ocean City, NJ

Sea Isle or Ocean City? for investment/rental and off-season owner's use

Asked by mgvrmark, Ocean City, NJ Wed Sep 25, 2013

My wife and I are thinking about buying a house at the shore, which we would rent in the summer months and use ourselves in the off-season. We're in our mid-50's, active but not big partiers, and we don't have kids or grandkids. We'd like to own and rent in an area that appeals to families, rather than groups of young people -- and of course, an area with a solid rental market. For our own use, of course we'll sit on the beach, but would also like easy access to shops & restaurants. I know Ocean City is dry, but that's OK with us, we can live without wine at dinner. We enjoy coming to the shore in the off-off-season, and would like a place that isn't totally dead in the winter. We were originally thinking of Cape May, but OC and SIC are closer to home for us. Avalon and Stone Harbor sound really dead in the winter, so does LBI. So ... OCEAN CITY OR SEA ISLE?

Answers

1
Really good question. It comes down to which town feels right for you. Both offer a lot of opportunities, and they are both excellent in terms of investment and rentals. Ocean City is a bigger community and probably has more shops/restaurants open in the off season. However, all shore towns try to extend the season with events through the fall and spring.
Give me a call to discuss further.
Drew
600-263-2267