Home Buying in Albany>Question Details

Tedgeline, Home Buyer in Albany, CA

Savings $30k and good credit rating. Am I able to get a pre-approval for $350k? I prefer not to have the FHA loans. Annual income about $140k gross.

Asked by Tedgeline, Albany, CA Wed Aug 29, 2012

Answers

8
I can go over all loan program options with you, conventional, FHA and rates and terms. Do you know what your middle fico score is? Rates have hits per fico score? I also need to know your total monthly debts are to give you an amount you qualify for? I only need to ask a few dozen questions to pre-qualify you and give you options to choose from. I can give you a good faith estimate in writing to compare.

http://www.Under640FicoScoreLoans.com

http://www.FrankandSheryl.com

http://www.under640ficoscoreloans.com/Pages/ContactSheryl.aspx
Sheryl Arndt, Broker – Loan Officer
DRE# 01440252
NMLS# 297251
760-486-4225
Tedgeline,

I recommend you connect with a mortgage loan officer and go over FHA financing as well as a 5% down conventional - side by side, you'll be able to see the difference and which one fits your needs better.

Why do you prefer not to go FHA?

Felix
Thank you for all your replies. It is really informative. I will get in touch!
I think you should be OK for a non FHA loan at $350,000. 5% down is a excellent alternative to FHA.
Do you have a lender you can talk to directly? If not, I'll be happy to recommend at least three.

Your questions raise other questions....

What type of property are you buying -- single family, or multi-family?
Will this be owner-occupied, or an investment?
Do you have other liquid assets besides your savings?
How much do you owe (credit cards, other loans)
How long have you been employed

Generally, closing costs could run up to 3% of purchase price --- so if $30K is all you have, that will be for your down payment AND closing costs

Talk to a local lender to get your situation analyzed. Asking this question here will beget more questions. Good luck
Tedgeline, FHA loan maximums are around $271,000. Non-FHA loan programs vary, but count on 10% down as a general rule.

Your preapproval question has to be subdivided. Do you want to buy a house costing $350,000 or do you want a loan for $350,000?

You would be well served to find a top-notch loan broker who can give your precise answers and bring comprehensive knowledge of all the programs available in your area. Interviewing more than one loan broker can be a good idea, because different brokers have different sources of loan programs.
Not knowing your outstanding, debt, so I am going to assume zero.
You would be able to obtain financing for well over $350k on a non FHA loan.
We could use a minimum 5% down loan with mortgage insurance.
You could either utilize lender paid mortgage insurance (tax deductible) or regular mortgage insurance.

I would be happy to get you preapproved! cg
The only problem I can foresee is that you may not have enough for your down payment. You should go ahead and call up a mortgage broker to find out. I would be happy to provide you some recommendations if needed.