Jess, Home Buyer in Dallas, TX

Saratoga,Good Evening, We are looking at purchasing a new home in the Saratoga community. I never heard

Asked by Jess, Dallas, TX Sun Mar 2, 2008

of Standard Pacific Homes and they tell us they are selling the properties like hot cakes. Does anyone have any information they can share on this builder. This builder is also giving great incentives to use their lender.
Jess

Answers

7
The area is in a sea of homes there is tons of inventory on the ground in the Alliance Coridor area. Make sure the home has all that you want. Location, Location,Location, floor plan issues ie master is down and if perfect there is 1 other bedroom and 2nd full bath down. Floor plan issues you can't change when you sell. Not power lines busy road and other things that will hurt you when you go to resell. I am not saying homes with these issue don't sell they do, however they will at normally lower prices than those without those issues.
Not only should you look at what all you get when you buy but also what you will get when you resale it in a few years.
I would also look at what the homes in the area in resale are selling for. Because cost have gone up cost to buy a resale home might be a better deal then a new home.
Just my opinion.
Web Reference: http://kellerhomefiner.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 15, 2008
Just my opinion.
Hi Jess,
Yes Standard Pacific build some pretty nice homes. Don't let the incentives they offer make you decide on the house you want to buy, over 90% of the builders in DFW offer incentives when you use their lender, their insurance company and title company... 20K to build a house would go pretty fast. I think you should look at their inventory, I think they have about 6 ready right now and they will negotiate much more on those.

Saratoga is a nice community. HOA is only 420 a year,. Standard Pacific is in their 3rd phase right now, they've opened up a little over 3 years ago and they should be done in the community by the end of 2009. They will be opening their 4th and final phase very soon and that will have 75 homes.

Have you checked out Plantation Homes, they are building in Saratoga too.

The only downside that I would say about this community is the fact that they are front entry garage which usually are communities that don't do so well around DFW, unless they backed to a golf course, It's all about the upkeep, trash day is a mess with all the containers in the front, some people don't use their garage to park their cars..

Naima
We offer a home buyer rebate program therefore you are presented by a realtor and their error & ommissions insurance. It is never recommend for anyone to represent themselves in real estate we have seen many times where the buyer & builder did not see "eye to eye" on the subject matter OR if there were upgrades and the buyer did not receive the upgrads they had paid for. ........You can Google to determine if there are any complaints file against them you need to be understanding in regards to products used and etc on a property, BUILDING A HOME is fun, however it can be very difficult. ....Are you qualified to purchase a home I am also a loan officer, some builders have their own mortgage company you may not have the better rates. YOU ARE CORRECT, not to rush into anything do you fact finding first prior to signing the paperwork. If you sign and back out you WONT' receive in many instances your depositis I have been involved with that many times with buyers you changed their mind from a venue of home builders in the Dallas Fort Worth area, however I was not involved when they signed the contract too purchase the home.
Web Reference: http://www.lynn911.com
Jess,

SP typically builds a pretty nice home. They have been selling pretty good. I think with every builder you can have good or bad experiences. Some of my favorites I've heard others hate. Some I think are some of the worst others like. Sometimes it comes down to the sales people in the community and the community builder and how busy they are. However in the price range of Saratoga I think most people would be happy with SP. I think you have to evaluate lendors individually. The incentives are not always what they look like. They may charge you a higher interest rate or higher fees to make up paying for title policy or whatever. You are free to shop lenders and we can typically negotiate the same net deals from other lenders in combo with the seller. Always use a realtor to assist you with your purchase. You can see all the things that can go wrong when doing it yourself on my website under the link to New Homes. Good luck with your purchase, let me know if I can assist you.
Web Reference: http://www.teamlynn.com
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Jess - Standard Pacific Homes is a fairly large outfit in this area. However, I'm not sure where they would be building in the Saratoga area. I am located in the City of Campbell which borders Saratoga and would be more than happy to check out any new Standard Pacific communities for you. Blythe
Web Reference: http://www.blythelkern.org
Not sure about their incentive. I can call them tomorrow to see what they are offering. Which community are you most interested in. You can check out my website to find more incentives for yourself.
If you have any questions please email me.
J.