Bayarea777,  in San Jose, CA

Saratoga -CA

Asked by Bayarea777, San Jose, CA Wed Feb 24, 2010

Hi ,

Have checked out a property right on Pierce road and another up on Mount Eden area both in Saratoga .

Keeping future property value in mind -which would be a better investment .

Answers

1
Hello Bay Area and thanks for your post.

At present, there are two lovely homes available for sale on Pierce Road in the $1.5 and $1.9 million range, and one of the best values--in my opinion--is the 4 bedroom 2 bath on Pierce Road and located in the midst of the Golden Triangle (a highly coveted area of town). As for the Mount Eden property, there is only one home listed on this road, located at almost the apex of the hill and with its own private vineyard, this lovely $19 million estate boasts a glorious 200+ degree view of the Silicon Valley. Obviously, this huge 13,000 square foot home cannot be compared with any home located on Pierce Road.

As you know, Pierce Road runs through two sections of Saratoga--a section along the "flats" in the Golden Triangle and a section that climbs up through the hills. Mount Eden, of course, is in hills. If you are comparing Pierce Road (the hills) to Mount Eden, then the value comes from the location, size and configuration of the home on the property. Without knowing the exact addresses, it would difficult, if not impossible to make an accurate comparison. However, if the comparison is between the flats of Pierce Road and the Mount Eden properties, then the preference for many buyers will be the "flats." While the hills are wonderful, many of today's buyers are uncomfortable with properties in this area that have, for example, septic tanks rather than sewer lines, and issues with utilities and roadway traffic. As a result, I would say that Pierce Road may be a better investment.

I hope this helps, and if you have any other questions, do not hesitate to contact me.

Grace Morioka, SRES
Area Pro Realty
Tel (408)426-1616