Home Buying in Boston>Question Details

Murphy Law, Home Buyer in Boston, MA

Safe neighborhood in Boston/Cambridge; small space in best location?

Asked by Murphy Law, Boston, MA Fri Feb 1, 2013

Will relocate to Boston/Cambridge this summer and would like to purchase a property for self-use with good investment potentials. Criteria: 1. walking distance or good commute to Harvard Sq 2. safety (single woman) 3. convenient access to shops/restaurants in neighborhood. One or more bedrooms. Budget: around 300k; potentially up to 400k for sth I really like. Any recommendations?

Answers

2
It is definitely do-able however if you want 2 bedrooms you will be looking at a price closer to $400K especially if walking distance to Harvard Square. The inventory in Cambridge as of late has been pretty low but the market competitive so be prepared to act fast.

Here is every condo on the market in Cambridge for
Web Reference: http://territory.com/
I answered in the Cambridge section, but wanted to catch you here as well. I have lived here forever and rented apartments to students here in a 38-year family business. I LOVE the area and highly recommend researching crime rates-- I live right by the Divinity school in Cambridge and can walk to Harvard. The location is great and I feel safe. I'd love to answer any questions or point you in the right direction! I love VALUE and SAFETY! :)
Congrats,
Katie Malin
781 799 5981
Katie@Century21Avon.com