Mike Abraham, Home Buyer in Pittsburgh, PA

Ryan Homes and NVR Mortgage--FHA Loans

Asked by Mike Abraham, Pittsburgh, PA Sun Apr 19, 2009

My fiance and I are asking yet another question. We and another couple are looking to purchase new townhomes in a new Ryan community. We have heard some bad things about NVR mortgage and are wondering if there is any truth to these tales. We've heard buyers are told they need more funds to close the loan within a few weeks of their closing, etc. Are we protected because we are doing an FHA loan which is government regulated? Any help is appreciated!!!

Answers

2
We dealt with NVR and hated it so did most of my neighbors and friends! Good luck!
Even though I'm from the competition I think you'll be ok. They are likely to quote you the "best case" scenario at the beginning. You just need to ask the question up front - "Is this the best case scenario, or could it end up being more?"

Never be afraid to ask too many questions. Knowledge is power - especially when it comes to financing. Good luck!