Home Buying in Nederland>Question Details

Nicholas, Home Buyer in New York, NY

Rustic Log Homes In Denver Area ?

Asked by Nicholas, New York, NY Sun Dec 22, 2013

I am looking for a vacation home in Colorado, something semi private and it has to be an authentic log home. Price range up to 350K. I am looking to take advantage of someones loss, any distance from a hour to Denver's airport please. Thank you

Answers

4
Dear home buyer:

Getting an authentic log home in the Denver area, is going to be tough. There are some options out there but they are not within 1 hour of the Denver airport. DIA is a new airport set out to the north east of Denver/Aurora pushing it further away from the mountain homes that you are looking for.

I have some ideas, but might be just slightly over an hour. Feel free to reach out to me and I will be happy to assist you in the search.

Let's talk to see more about what you are specifically looking for so that I can provide you with some options and even set up some immediate notifications of homes that fit your needs.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 27, 2013
If you plan to buy a Fannie Mae foreclosure....Hopefully your Fannie Mae agent is not Kelvin Zelaya. He has messed over several several people. Just check this site.

We put in an offer for a home in Colorado. We were ready to close, had 2 storage units full of furniture that we had purchased and excited to close and move in; however, the appraiser was incompetent (he provided "no comps" for the property and there were plenty). Therefore, we needed a two week extension to get another appraisal from a different appraiser. Kelvin would not grant the extension in writing which, as a business person, I became very uncomfortable. Thus, we had to terminate our contract with Fannie Mae to keep from losing our significant amount of earnest money. We terminated on the basis of loan approval because the bank would not approve a loan on an unqualified appraisal. We quickly resubmitted an offer on the same property. Kelvin's reply was "Offer rejected ... Material breach and non performance of previous offer and previous experience of non performance from this buyer." Our offer was the same as our original offer. In no way did we deserve such commentary.

This was the first time we had ever worked with him and will be the last. We had done everything he had asked and more. Our credit scores are 780 to 800. We simply needed another appraisal. I have spoken with several people that believe Kelvin is seriously unprofessional. We also had the Fannie Mae listing agent call and email Kelvin and his supervisor. NO RESPONSE OR RETURN CALL!!! The last time I checked, Fannie Mae had 455 foreclosures in Colorado alone. You would think that Fannie Mae would want to get these properties sold? Furthermore, the people I have spoken with say that he has done this plenty of times to others, he does NOT ensure that bills for property upkeep are paid, and there are more appropriate terms than "unprofessional" that refer to Kelvin.

Tax dollars at work. If I did anything close to what he is doing to people in my line of work, you better believe I would be looking for another job. Kelvin's email address is kelvin_zelaya@fanniemae.com

Again, there are currently 455 foreclosures in Colorado alone.

I am sure that we are but a few of many that he has treated this way.
So sorry to hear about your experience! As a native of Colorado and a professional real estate agent, I personally want to welcome you to Colorado. May your future experiences be better!
Flag Fri Dec 27, 2013
Authentic log home within a one hour drive to DIA? That's going to be pretty difficult to find. But, I'd be happy to set up a search for you. Can you please send me your contact info?

Sally Grenier
sallygrenier@msn.com
http://www.searchwithsally.com