Home Buying in Hoboken>Question Details

Gaziano Girl…, Home Buyer in 10019

Rumor is that this condo association has multiple lawsuits against it for malfeasance. Does anyone know more?

Asked by Gaziano Girling, 10019 Tue May 15, 2012

Problem with boiler installation and lawsuits.

Karina Abad’s answer
Hello, I don't believe this is true. Residents tell me there is only one item that is open and under legal counsel. The residents, apparently, are seeking for a fund from Toll Brothers to pay for certain repairs in the building that affect a few units.

If it were multiple lawsuits or malfeasance as you say, then it would be nearly impossible for anyone to purchase in the building unless they were an all cash buyer.

There have been many sales in the last 6 months.

Hope this helps.
you seemed to be somewhat misinformed...Toll Brothers, the original sponsor of the buildings, is being sued by the Hudson Tea Condo Association. The exact specifics is beyond my knowledge and I can only speculate on the specifics as I have not seen the actual legal documents but in essence Toll Brothers has been unethical in how they have gone about things and now is paying a legal price for their behaviour accordingly. all i can say in regard to HTB is that it is a nice place to live.