Home Buying in Pleasanton>Question Details

RRP, Home Buyer in Union City, CA

Ruby hill, Pleasanton

Asked by RRP, Union City, CA Mon Sep 17, 2012

Is buying house in ruby hills a good idea? I have very young kids. Also, how does property appreciate in comparison to other homes in Pleasanton. Do kids go to vintage hills or valley view elementary from Ruby hill? Any insights about this area will be helpful?

Answers

4
Hello Raj,

I would like to know why you call yourself "Troubled buyer" I would be happy to answer all your questions relating to Ruby Hill since I currently live in Ruby Hill. Then you will not be a "Troubled Buyer" anymore.

In some areas of Ruby Hill, it does come under Livermore Unified School District and you can get a one time inter district transfer into Pleasanton Unified school district.. I just called the Pleasanton School District to confirm this information. So you should check on the address in Ruby Hill and then call the school. Anyways, it is easy to get the transfer. My daughter went to Amador High school and they did not even ask me to apply for the transfer maybe because the seller before me had gone through the process.

The primary elementary schools are Vintage Hills and Valley View. The middle school is Pleasanton Middle and the high school is Amador Valley.

Would love to answer any other questions about Ruby Hill. By the way, if you have already purchased a home in Ruby Hill, I would like to welcome you into our neighborhood and hope to see you in the community soon.

Meena Gujral
Help-U-Sell Achievers Realty
http://www.helpusellachievers.com
925-425-9491
Hi Meena, We are looking to move to Pleasanton area in the next 2-3 months. Have two kids, one elementary, another middle. We seem to like Ruby Hill, but am concerned abt being zoned to Valley view and its dual immersion pgm. Is it by street, that we would get either Vintage hills or Valley view? Or can we apply to go to Vintage?Would appreciate your insight.
Flag Tue Mar 19, 2013
Hi Raj. Ruby Hill is a great neighborhood and is filled with kids. I have raised my kids here, having lived here for last 16 years and have seen waves of kids coming into the area. The area has parks, a community pool, soccer fields, walking paths, etc etc and there are buses that take middle school and high school kids to school. Ruby Hill kids go to Pleasanton Schools… not Livermore schools, as is often misreported on the internet. The primary schools are Vintage Hills and Valley View, but you should always check with the school district, since every school has a different population per age group at any given time, so it's not a sure thing until you're committed.
Ruby Hill values are very good right now. The luxury market has taken a hit in the last 6 years, but is starting to come back. We are seeing homes in the $1.7m and below start to level out, and I believe you'll start to see those start to come up, based on the updates and features of the homes. We sell homes in all price ranges in Ruby Hill and are seeing that there are many more buyers than sellers. It makes sense to work with someone who knows the area, knows whose planning to sell in the near future and understands the nuances of this nice place to live!
Call if you have any questions or visit us online at http://www.fabulousproperties.net We'd love to help you and your family.

Thanks.

Donna Garrison
Keller Williams "Fabulous Properties Team"
925 980-0273
Hi Raj,

Ruby Hill is a great gated community. Property values are very good right now and some deals are to be had. Having said that you need to be in a position to act quickly as homes are going quickly when priced correctly.

As for schools part of Ruby Hill goes to Vintage Hills in Pleasanton and some parts of Ruby Hill go to Livermore schools. You would need to check the property address to find out which District that property comes under.

One way is to go onto Pleasanton School District site and you can find all the information you need.
http://www.pleasanton.k12.ca.us/index.cfm

Livermore School District http://www.livermoreschools.com/

If you need any further help please contact me. Good luck.

JoAnn Wheeler
925 699 3337
joann@joannwheeler.com
Hi Raj,
Although my kids are older now, many of my friends live in Ruby Hill and our kids went to school together. The common theme was that parents team together and make a car pool schedule. This was true not only for school, but for sports. My son's best friends lived there, so often he would be included in the car pool for sports. It worked out very well.

The other option is the public bus system (for middle school & high school students). The bus picks up and drops off in certain locations within Ruby Hill. For some kids that meant a long walk home, but again, parents would work together and things worked out well.

As for which school, it is always the right answer to say, 'check with the school district about your particular street'. What I observed was that the friends of my son went to Vintage Hills with my son, Pleasanton Middle School for middle school, but then when it came to high school, the parents seemed to have no issue with transferring their child to their chosen high school; Foothill or Amador.

As an example of what's going on their in this market today; a month ago I was searching with a client in the $1.5m - $1.9m range. We had to move fast as most of the homes (if priced well) would sell almost immediately. In 2 instances we watched 2 different cash buyers come into the area at $1.6m AND $1.9m and scoop houses within 1 weekend on the market.

Prices are still low, interest rates are still low and that makes a great combination. My relative that still lives in Ruby Hill today wouldn't choose anywhere else to live. She loves it! I'd like to share more, so feel free to give me a call.

Rhonda Fee, Broker/Owner
Realty World Property Connect
920-200-0827