Home Buying in Alpharetta>Question Details

venue2110, Home Buyer in Johns Creek, GA

Reviews about SR home Builders

Asked by venue2110, Johns Creek, GA Tue Feb 4, 2014

We liked a home built by SR home builders but couldn't find any reviews online . So please share any experiences with them .

Answers

8
Nothing that doesn't pop up with any builder, nothing major. I would say the usual cautions apply - it all comes down to the guy in charge of the specific community that you're looking at. Many of these companies are a "name"; while they may set expectations and require certain things, the boss on he project is actually your "builder". I've been appraising and selling new homes all over the NFulton area for the last 20 years, not much I haven't seen - http://homes-north-atlanta.com/2013/12/10/here-are-7-reasons…
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 4, 2014
They have very livable floorplans and seem to have a good reputation.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 4, 2014
Thank you, Pam! we appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your experience with SR Homes.
Flag Tue Dec 23, 2014
Bottom line is you need a really great buyer's agent who has a lot of experience in selling new homes (and a lot of satisfied new home buyer clients). Having a knowledgeable expert in your corner will be important not only through the building process, but especially in the first year after you move in.

Also get out and talk to the owners of some of their homes and you will get an idea of what challenges, if any, you will be facing. Knowledge is power.

Kathy
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 4, 2014
Hi Venue,

Rather than seeking opinions that are limited to one persons view or experience, and are therefore of little value, why not find out the facts regarding that builder - or any other?

Certainly there are builders I advise my clients to avoid (or that I will watch carefully-monitor the construction) but, really there can be problems with most home builders if you try to deal with them directly without an experienced expert on your side. Buying a new construction home, and especially building a new home is a lot more involved than most people understand, and it is loaded with way more room for errors and unexpected problems than buying an existing home. Right now many new Home Builders have a "take it or leave it" attitude because of supply and demand. This imbalanced sellers market can often lead to all sorts of problems regarding quality. Listing agents who represent the builders are harder to deal with but are simply doing their job - and their job is to get the best price and terms for the builder. The supply of new homes is not meeting demand, therefore the builder can be, and is often in the driver's seat. Having a great agent help you is far-far better than trying to go up against the builders agents alone - but for maximum results, more than agent sales skills are needed. I have sold many new construction homes over the years and that is valuable experience. But more important than just the selling experience of new construction homes, I offer many years of technical knowledge and insights regarding all aspects of residential construction, from materials science, energy efficiency, building codes, and analysis and verification of the structural components, and major mechanical system components of buildings, and a deeper understanding of the builders business challenges. I have helped hundreds of clients build both production and custom homes from the ground up, and in the process made sure the client got what they should have, and that structural and finish defects were corrected before they were covered up. If you would like to discuss this in person, and get the advice of someone who knows both real estate and home construction on an expert level, reach out to me, I would be happy to talk with you. Best, Robert Whitfield Broker/Owner Professional Buyers Broker New Home Construction Expert ICC Code Certified Building Inspector Advantage Realtors 678-585-9691 RobertWhitfield.com TheHomeBuyersRep.com Corporate Relocations | New Construction | Luxury & Investment Properties
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 4, 2014
I've had great experience w/them as a broker- also, one of my good friends does the interior design for their model homes and says they are very reputable and great to deal with!
I haven't heard or had any specific negative feedback from any of my agents.
Julie
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 4, 2014
Thank you for your interest in SR Homes. In my opinion, your best bet for feedback about our company is to talk to buyer's agents that have gone through the SR Homes building/buying process with their buyers or homeowners in the actual SR community you are looking for a home in. The independent contacted REALTORS we have onsite at our communities can help get you in touch with both. If you are looking for public feedback online, or information on our company, you can visit some of the links listed below.

the Testimonials Page on our Website: http://www.srhomes.com/Testimonials

our Facebook Reviews: Page https://www.facebook.com/srhomesga/reviews?ref=page_internal

Atlanta Real Estate Forum:
http://www.atlantarealestateforum.com/sr-homes-llc-wins-gold…

US Builder's Review:
http://www.usbuildersreview.com/case-studies/sr-homes-llc-ma…

Atlanta New Homes News:
http://atlantanewhomes.typepad.com/anhd/sr-homes/

Regardless of where you decide to buy a home, I agree with some of the comments made on this tread, you should have good representation that will walk you through the buying process. If you are looking for a new home, I would specifically look for a REALTOR that is well versed in the new home market. It makes the buying process easier for you and the builder you decide to buy your next home from. If we can help answer any of your questions or address your concerns, please feel free to reach out to us directly. Again, thank you for your interest in SR Homes, A Builder Focused on You!

Edsel Yera
Marketing Manager
SR home builders is related to SF Properties a developer with tends to do the minimum requirements in their drainage planning resulting in additional expenses to the homeowners in resolving draining issues that should have been resolved during the development of the site plan. The owners of SF Properties, SR homes and CCM homes are all related either as business partners and or by family ties. They all shared the same building with CCM homes and SR homes sharing the same address. CCM homes is currently out of business and has filed bankruptcy. CCM homes had many issues with the quality of work and failure to honor warranty agreements. When Gwinnett County Building Inspectors were questioned about code violations found in CCM homes, there response was the issue on their side had since been resolved, leading one to believe that the inspectors responsible for the substandard inspections were no longer employed by the county.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 30, 2014
Make sure you understand your warranty and include your landscape. We've had major drainage issues. Our lights turn on and off without anyone touching a switch and our microwave shorted out. We've only been in our house for 2 years. We're in Vickery a Springs.