Home Buying in Charlotte>Question Details

mnwelu, Home Buyer in Charlotte, NC

Retired, artist, active, tennis, running, gardening, single,ex-New Yorker, moving to Charlotte, don't want to drive to far, buying a home...where ?

Asked by mnwelu, Charlotte, NC Mon Sep 16, 2013

Answers

12
Laurie Bell’s answer
Hi there retired active artist!

I am also extremely active as far as running, tennis and golf are concerned. There are some wonderful
greenways here in Charlotte that are fantastic to run or walk on. All together, the distance is a total of 14 miles, with more to be added. It is extremely picturesque with lots of trees, creeks, birds, deer, and lots of other creatures. How will you be spending most of your time? That will help in deciding what part of Charlotte to live in. I have lived in cities as large as Chicago, and as small as Auburn, Al. Charlotte is a wonderful city to live in. I think you will enjoy it immensely. Please let me know if I can be of any help to you.

Laurie Bell
What type of artist? I have a home with a well lit studio, trails, a nearby racquet club, lots of hiking trails, waterfalls, etc. Unfortunately their in the Highlands and Cashiers area of NC, in the mountains. Much cooler temperatures than Charlotte. However, no a good commute. Still, if you want a second home location to get away from the city, let me know.
You had me at tennis, running, and gardening, lol. Seriously, Charlotte is a warm, friendly, vibrant city. You're going to love it! I moved here in 2006 (from NJ) and my only regret is that I didn't do it sooner. As an artist and ex-New Yorker, my guess is that you would enjoy living closer in to center city with all it has to offer. I suggest you check out the Plaza Midwood, Elizabeth, Chantilly, Dilworth and midtown neighborhoods. They are charming "walkable" communities just outside uptown Charlotte. If you prefer to "get away from it all" and buy some acreage, then Union county might be for you. Feel free to check out my website, http://www.lizetteconover.com. I have an excellent home search wizard you can use as well as other valuable information and relocation tools. If you need more information or house hunting assistance, please give me call. I'm happy to be of service. Welcome to our beautiful city!

Lizette Conover
REMAX Executive Realty
704-995-5676
I recommend checking out Davidson, NC. It is part of the lake Norman Area. It is a very active community. It prides itself on being pedestrian and bike friendly. Davidson college is located in Davidson and is in the center of the wonderful downtown area. There is a coffee shop, bookstore, retail shopping, restaurants, and college sports like basketball & football all at your fingers tips in Davidson. There is also a great country club that has 16 tennis courts, 9 clay and seven hard courts four of which are indoors. The town attracts many retirees! There really is too much to mention here but please give me a call and I will be happy to show you around! I know you will love it! 704-999-5958.
Hi MNWELU,

As a retired artist you may prefer what is called our NODA area or Dilworth or possibly our Uptown condos.

If this is more of what you are looking for I would be happy to put you in touch with an agent that knows these areas more intimately than I do.

Diane Zima
Southern Homes of the Carolinas
704-701-1288
Welcome Mnwelu!

You will have many other ex-New Yorkers to network with! My book club at Half Moon Bay is full of folks from the Northeast part of the US. Yes, many New Yorkers choose Lake Norman to call home. But also, New Yorkers like the suburbs of Charlotte. Just find a neighborhood that has plenty of amenities, like Highland Creek or Baxter Village (SC) or Sun City (SC) or Birkdale where you will not be bored.

There is a North Meck Racquet Club that is affordable. We also have ALTA league tennis that allows you to play at the various country clubs. Most of the good art spots are in center city Charlotte. You want to check out the YMCA's when you are here. For art reasons, I would choose Southend Charlotte beside Dilworth.

Contact me if I can help you in any way. Charlotte is my home town. I put fun into the real estate transaction:)

Robin Faison, broker
Good afternoon, MNweLu
There are a LOT of areas and living situations that would work for you. Depends on if you want your activities within your community so you are exercising, gardening etc with neighbors, or if you want them nearby. Single family vs. townhome/condo also is an important decision. Total purchase price or monthly payment will also dictate what might be best If you have a full time agent with a Masters degree in Planning with Finance and over two decades of experience, working for you, you will likely do better in negotiations. I'd be pleased to provide that service. If you appreciate this answer, please give it a thumbs up, or if this was the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a best answer click.
Hello, I welcome the opportunity to speak with you about residing in Charlotte, North Carolina. You may call me direct at 704.650.1928 or email matthew@residecharlotte.com
Look forward to speaking with you!
Cheers,
Matthew
Lake Norman is very popular! Shoot me an email jackieyoung@kw.com and I can send you some great options for you. I moved here 7 years ago from NJ area and love it. Lake Norman is amazing and many New Yorkers transfer here. Let me know if you have any questions or if I can help you in any way! :)

Jackie Young, Realtor/Broker
Keller Williams Realty - Mooresville, NC
Email: jackieyoung@kw.com
Website: JackieYoungHomes.com
I work with newcomers to this area regularly thru our relocation dept and word of mouth referrals. several of your fellow new Yorkers have found the perfect lifestyle with my help. you will need to visit and let me show you around telling you what each area has to offer. from your feedback to my questions, I will be able to fit the area and aminities to your anticipated lifestyle. please call or email to set a time for your visit and tour. JOHN BAYNES 704-534-9166 baynesrealtor@yahoo.com
Hi!

Email me directly and I can help you with narrowing down locations you may want to live. Depending on your preferences, there are lots of different areas you may be interested in.

Email me letting me know size, bedrooms/bathrooms, style, budget, etc.!

John Siddons
john.siddons@prucarolinas.com
There are lots of great areas to explore in Charlotte - depends on what you see in your future; what you would like to be near, etc. I would love to help you in your move to the Charlotte area.

Please give me a call, or visit our website: http://www.PropertiesinnCharlotte.com.

Debbie Arriero
ABR, AHWD, ASP, CRS, e-PRO, GRI, SFR, SRES, REALTOR
Serving the Charlotte area since 1990
Licensed in North & South Carolina

Arriero Realty, Inc.
P.O. Box 77283
Charlotte, NC 28271
Office: 704-443-8627
Fax: 704-321-2403
ArrieroRealty@gmail.com