Home Buying in Boca Raton>Question Details

Am.gldcst.ch…, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

Retired Chicago couple (55 and 50 yrs old respectively) looking to buy a second residence in a country club in Boca Raton area

Asked by Am.gldcst.chicago, Chicago, IL Fri Sep 27, 2013

What would be the clubs (in the general area of Boca Raton) best suited for the following requirements: active (primarily fitness and tennis, not much into golf), very active social life, younger residents (close to our age), good facilities, good mix of people, reasonable annual membership/HOA... costs. Initially interested in something less than $200k (a foreclosure?), min 2 bedrooms and 1500 sqft... Would be a cash deal. Thanks for your replies.

Answers

17
Hi
there are many beautiful Country Clubs in the area including some without membership equity. Please contact me - I will be more than happy to find you the perfect home with your specifications. .Connie Castellano Remax Realty Pros in Boca Raton (305)-318-1053 thank you - look forward to hearing from you!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 27, 2013
Please give me a call if you are looking for a great lender. 810-335-3503. Or you can send me an email at wallen@proficiomortgage.com and I can send you an inquiry form to get your paperwork started and try to get you pre qualified.

William Allen
Mortgage Banker
Hello Chicago,

We specialize in country club communities and in Second Home properties. There are so many in the Boca Raton, Delray Beach, and surrounding areas from which to choose. The membership fees vary depending on the club.

Here is my country Club Guide to compare the different memberships:
http://www.agentboca.com/data/uploads/equitychartbook2013jen…

Have a great day! Always a pleasure,
Jennifer Sommers
Nestler Poletto Sotheby's

O. 561.235.7777⃓
Jen@AgentBoca.com ⃓
http://www.AgentBoca.com

"Artfully Uniting Extraordinary Properties with Extraordinary Lives"
As a golfer I can say that if you are not into golf, then you probably don't want to be in a country club in Boca just to play tennis. You could live anywhere and join a tennis club. As far as the $200k, well you get what you pay for and again Boca would not be the best choice, there is nothing listed right now, built in the 2000s. Delray Beach and Boynton Beach would probably be a better choice.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 28, 2013
There many properties available in Boca Raton for you right now, including foreclosures.
It's harder to address the demographics though - best to come and take a look, to make sure it would work for you.

Would love to email you some nice options.

Hope this helps,

Irina Karan
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
IrinaKaran@gmail.com
If you're looking for a home in Boca Raton in a country club community, there are several that will give you a home that fits within an under $200,000 price range.

However, these clubs typically require an upfront equity of $40,000 or more, with annual social and / or tennis dues running from at least $8,000 per year or more, plus home owner association fees.

Homes in Boca Raton Country Clubs that require equity membership are losing value because fewer people are able to afford the initial dues and annual fees. As a result, these luxurious home are selling at true bargain prices.

However, if you are looking for a country club lifestyle and are prepared to pay the fees, then you may want to look at some of the many very reasonably priced country club homes in Boca Woods, Stonebridge, or Broken Sound Country Club in Boca Raton.

As to foreclosures in Boca Raton, these properties are not bargains that sell at a discount. In fact, most Boca Raton foreclosures typically sell for market value or above.

Banks solicit the highest and best offer on foreclosures through a multiple bid process. This is not a live auction; it is just a submittal of contracts. At the end of a certain period of time, whether it is 30, 60, or 90 days, the bank looks at the offers and picks the highest and the best.

Marc Jablon, The Jablon Team
Re/Max Complete Solutions
JablonTeam@gmail.com
561-213-6139
http://www.JablonTeam.com
You posted this in the Fort Myers, FL questions. Are you considering other areas, possibly on the west coast? I would be happy to help if you are looking in to Southwest FL.

Have a great day,
Nancy
Have you considered Fort Myers? We have some great communties and prices.But under 200 you are not likely to find in a newer community. I would be happy to send you some lisitngs if you like.
Marge Bennett
RE/MAX Realty Group
239-560-4159
Marge@MargeBennett.com
http://www.SouthFortMyersDreamHomes.com
I would recommend Boca Pointe Country Club they don't have mandatory Country Club fees. This is the lifestyle that you would definitely enjoy. This would be a much better Investment for you and your family.

Email me and I would be happy to provide information about the Country Club and available listings in Boca Pointe.

Elizabeth M. Dewberry
Broker Associate
RE/MAX Complete Solutions
954-305-0959 (Cell)
561-322-3331 (Fax)
emdewberry@gmail.com
elizabethdewberry.remax-florida.com
Hello - We specialize in country club communities and in Second Home properties. There are so many in the Boca Raton, Delray Beach, and surrounding areas from which to choose. The membership fees vary depending on the club. We work with many retirees and find it a pleasure. We have made many new friends this way.

My business partner, Sandy, and I, have a website with all these communities listed. Please review it and you will get a wealth of information. Meanwhile, if you would like to talk directly, give me a call or email me. If you are in town, we would love to show you some homes we feel would meet your needs.

Warm regards, Gayle

Gayle Elliott
Realtor Associate
Douglas Elliman Real Estate
561/573-3583
gayle.elliott@elliman.com
http://www.RyterElliott.com

Every country club community is different. I would be happy to present you with all of your options and to find you exactly what you want. Please contact me so that I can email you country club brochures and individual property reports. I look forward to hearing from you.

Lilia Biberman, P.A.
Coldwell Banker
561-352-4576
Liliabiberman@gmail.com
Hi I would love to speak with you regarding the different country club choices in the area. Woodfield CC might be a great fit for you. They have an amazing tennis center. An unbelievable social calendar and a mix of all ages. This is one of the more reasonably priced clubs and at times you can find a 2 bedroom in the $200's. Another consideration might be a country club that does not require equity membership to reside, such as a Boca Greens CC or Boca Raton CC. There are lots of choices and some of the countries top clubs here in Boca Raton.
Please contact me to discuss.
Marni Zuckerman, Realtor
561-613-9335
ListWithMarni@gmail.com
-
How about being able to buy a 2nd home with only 10% down, NO PMI and with closing costs paid for you?

See program #3

97% LTV- NO PMI
97% LTV- CONDO- NO PMI
90% LTV- 2nd Home- NO PMI
90% LTV- JUMBO- NO PMI
85% LTV- Super Jumbo- NO PMI
80% LTV- Invest. /Rental
80% LTV- Foreign Nationals
70% LTV- Manf. Homes over 90k

STATED INCOME ALT-up to Super Jumbo

90% LTV- Short Sale, BK, Foreclosure Forgiveness
80% LTV- FIX n’ FLIP Invest. Prop.
75% LTV- Foreign Nationals
70% LTV- Soft and Hard Money

COMMERCIAL PROGRAMS-nationwide

Steve McRory
Pro Option Mortgage/ Florida
steve@pro-option.com
http://WWW.PRO-OPTION.COM
Ph: 888 662 4404
#204296

Prior Service: U.S. MARINE CORPS
====
Am.gidcst.chicago,

There are a multitude of country clubs to choose from in the Boca Raton area and you will find this is one segment of the local real estate market that has not rebounded as strongly as some others. This is mainly because baby boomers do not golf as much as their parents generation and do not see the value in club fees associated with this lifestyle. Sales have been stronger over the past 6 to 8 months in club communities but we still see some great deals as sellers are interested in ending the monthly and annual dues associated with the membership. So for those like you seeking that lifestyle it is an awesome time to be buying.

So much depends on what your particular and unique needs and what type of club you are looking for. No doubt a social or tennis membership is all you will require and besides the housing price of $200,000 much more important is how much you want to invest in an equity fee and your budget for ongoing fees and expenses. Location is another factor and western Boca Raton has many private clubs to choose from offering a club oriented lifestyle. If you would like me to send you a breakdown of these clubs and the expenses you can expect just let me know.

A very clear description of your specific requirements is the best place to start and if I can be of service to you and your family I would appreciate the opportunity to be one of the agents you may choose to interview. We are experts in finding our clients that "needle in the haystack" and would love to help you find yours.

Best of luck and if I can offer anything additional please let me know.

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com

Do you really want a country club or are you looking an Active Adult community?

Here is a link to several houses that might interest you.

If any of these houses appeal to you or you would like more information please contact me directly.

Nadine Mauro
Highlight Realty
561-414-0864
NadineSellsHouses@gmail.com
Nadine, thanks for the quick reply. Looked quickly through the listings.... none appeals to me. I mentioned country clubs b/c they may be a little more exclusive, probably better (off) people. On the other hand, not understanding well active communities. Definitely not looking for a 55+ community. Maybe a cheaper house in a more prestigious club is the way to go... can upsize later. again lifestyle is important
Flag Fri Sep 27, 2013
Hello:

Boca has a great areas, please feel free to contact me, I will be more than happy to assist you find your perfect home.

Respectfully,

Maricel Zaldumbide
Broker, Lic. Real Estate.
Short Sale & Foreclosure Specialist.
AllianZe Realty Group.
7401 WILE ROAD
CORAL SPRINGS, FL 33067
Direct: 954-793-7489
Office. 954 227-7441
E. mrealty08@gmail.com
http://www.allianZerealtygroup.com
Hi there. There are lots of great country club options and $200k can actually go a long way. I would recommend Boca west, broken sound, and some additional options in delray and boynton. If you have some time, call or email me and we can find you the perfect property.

Jared Niles, Broker & Owner
Tangent Realty
561-922-5868
Jared@tangentrealty.com