Home Buying in Bushwick>Question Details

klb775, Home Buyer in Brooklyn, NY

Reputable realtors/contractors in Bushwick?

Asked by klb775, Brooklyn, NY Fri Dec 28, 2012

I'm looking to buy a renovated two-family in Bushwick, ideally within walking distance of the Myrtle/Wyckoff L train stop, for $650k or less. Three bedroom over two bedroom with deck and backyard--if possible early or mid-renovation so that we can contribute to fixtures, layout, etc. We don't want to work with a realtor ourselves since we know a lot of listing agents don't want to split the commission. We've heard that some of the renovations done by companies such as Online Homes, World Wide Homes, Prime Homes are very cheaply done (don't know if this is true). We know even with a home inspection it's not always possible to know what big problems a renovation might be covering up, so we're trying to figure out which listing agents and renovation contractors in the area are the most reputable. Thanks for your help!

Answers

5
Hello kb775 - first if you don't want to work with a realtor do not understand why you are on this website
this is where realtors share their listings and commissions. as far as commenting on the value of the work that these companies provide with their renovations/contractors is in the eye of the beholder and
their pocketbooks. you can always go to the department of consumer affairs to check out any contractor to see if there are any complaints or simply ask them for references of the jobs they have
done so you can go see them. with regards to a home inspection even very expensive renovations
may hide some big problems. so good luck with your search.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 28, 2012
The majority of good Realtors split their commissions in that area. The purpose of advertizing a property is to do just that. I'm sorry if you or anyone you know has run into a few agents that are like this... But not all agents are.
Flag Sat Dec 29, 2012
Thanks for the tips, Madeline! To clarify, I had been advised not to to work with a buyer's agent specifically since many listing agents do not want to split their commissions--have had friends who represented themselves win bidding wars for this reason. But very interested in finding listing agents with good properties in Bushwick. Really appreciate the info about those resources!
Flag Fri Dec 28, 2012
my name is Karen Woelki and if you need a broker I am with the Corcoran Group, A REBNY member ( the real estate board of NY) and I live in Bushwick on Hart and Wyckoff at the L train Dekalb stop.
Its a great area and I think we could find you something lovely.
Our team by being your agent will have all the people you might need mortgage brokers lawyers inspectors will help you rent your apt if you have one in the house you are buying to be occupied the day after closing and we also have a team of reliable well priced plumbers floor guys electricans and roofers

Karen Woelki
212.941.2546 or cell 646.831.6575 kwoelki@corcoran.com

we will also help you not waste time looking at houses advertised that dont really exsist as you can see the posts of people it happens to with non REBNY agents
dont deal with online homes ww homes prime homes
massada is ok depends on the property
always try to go with a REBNY member ( Real Estate Board of NY) they have rules and ethics they must adhere to
Corcoran, Elliman....etc I ve never had a problem w/ fillmore
Karen Woelki The Corcoran Group
Flag Tue Mar 5, 2013
Hi klb775, Looking for a home is not the easiest thing to do and you want to work with a Realtor who cares more about finding the right home for you rather than what commission they make. When I was buying my home in Flatlands, I used Massada Homes. I went to their website, found a house that was in my price range then scheduled an appointment with them. They actually have listing for homes all over Brooklyn... You should check them out : http://www.massada.com/neighborhood/Bushwick
Thanks, Malia! I will take a look
Flag Tue Jan 22, 2013
Hello KLB775,

If you have any quesios, feel free to call.
(You can also do a Google search on my name)

Luke Constantino
Douglas Elliman
M: (212) 300-3919
F: (917) 369-2690
lukeconstantino@elliman.com
http://lukeconstantino.com
325 Court Street, Brooklyn, NY 11231
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 28, 2012
Sorry... Mispelled "questions", lol!
Flag Fri Dec 28, 2012