schung97, Renter in New York, NY

Renting an apartment with many people

Asked by schung97, New York, NY Sat Sep 7, 2013

Is it possible to rent an apartment around $4500 or under for 5 people? The amount of bedrooms doesn't matter as long as it is spacious for us to live in.

Answers

6
ewoods’ answer
Yes, it is possible. However, you must have either a garantor or make 40 times the rent.
If only one of your guys work than the burden of proof is on one person. There are some apartments in Upper East Side( close 100s) which are nicely remodeled and spacious.
check this listing out.
4 bedrooms with terrace for 4395, no fee if you sign a 2 year contract.
http://www.nakedapartments.com/broker/listings/edit/2931745
I have several great apartments within your price range. Please feel free to contact me dbowrin@bondnewyork.com
Please contact me for assistance. My name is Dennis and I can be reached at 212-714-1027 ext 12. Thank you and good luck.
Hi Schung. What is the relationship? All single working people or a Family? You are asking about a prime location in Manhattan. When you consider that a one bedroom apt in a doorman building is averaging about $3200.00 a month, I think the biggest problem you might encounter is finding something in your price range. Add to that New York's incredibly low vacancy rate and you've got issues.

Your best bet is to be flexible for location in proximity to what you want. Consider if you might be able to stretch your budget. Most important is to work with a broker as you will certainly be paying a commission. Good luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 8, 2013
I am currently looking for an apartment with a similar price range, but it would only need two or three bedrooms. Do you know how often options like these are presented? I know that New York has a very low vacancy rate, so there might not be a ton of options. http://www.crbprogram.org/city/kitchener
Flag Wed Mar 18, 2015
NYC landlords are prohibited from renting to 4 or more non-related tennants in the same apartment. You could divide the group and rent in the same building, however. If you need help with this, give me a call, 97-57-8572.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 8, 2013
I'm interested in living in flatiron district. 5th or 6th ave to 10th-20th street.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 7, 2013