Home Buying in Holliston>Question Details

Oscar, Home Buyer in Boston, MA

Rental income and value appreciation of real estate

Asked by Oscar, Boston, MA Tue Oct 22, 2013

I am looking to buy a rental property/vacation home in Massachusetts. Which area I should concentrate on. My primary goal is to cover mortgage and property tax with rent.

Which rental property is better in a particular are, House or condo or vacation home?

My budget is around 300K with 60k down payment.

Thanks in advance.

Answers

6
That is a good question, a bit general but good. Any savvy broker/agent will tell you that it really depends on your goals/objectives. Condos for example are very different from a single family house where you have more control. I'd say that if you are ready to purchase that you get your own experienced buyer's agent to help you. Their representation should not cost you anything but always ask the brokers/agents you interview. He/she can be an invaluable ally on your side.
Web Reference: http://wenrealty.com
HI Oscar,

I seriously depends on how much risk you are willing to take. The closer you are to Boston - the higher the prices, but higher the demand and higher the demand. If anything changes with the economy, vacation area's lose a lot of demand.

If you would like to discuss further, please email me keith@florianre.com

There places in Sandwich right on beach
Your budget could work well on cape cod. You could get a vacation home near the beach and rent out summer by the week or just monthly year round.
Weymouth, Pembroke , Hanson, Mashfield , Hanover, Norwell is hot for 400k rent for 2800 no inventory. Please give me a call 781 829 9469 Brian Mastromatteo I can help you more out.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 23, 2013
I would use a local rental professional to save time and money and also to make sure you don't miss a great rental.

I have an investment property in Falmouth that gets +-$65,000 for the ten week summer.

MA is a big place.
You might want to narrw your area of interest.

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 23, 2013