Home Buying in Phoenix>Question Details

Albert Herna…, Other/Just Looking in Phoenix, AZ

Rental Property in Arizona City

Asked by Albert Hernandez, Phoenix, AZ Tue Jul 3, 2012

Been looking around Arizona to purchase an investment rental property and with how competitive the Phoenix market is, have been looking at some of the outer city areas like Arizona City. Found some good 2-4 unit properties out there however not familiar with that area. Wanted to know if any agents out that who are familiar with the rental market out there as well as if it would be a good place to invest. Any information you have is greatly appreciated.

Answers

7
I have to agree with Jennie, it's not to say that you wouldn't get a multi-unit rented out in Arizona City, but your vacancy rate will be much higher than those towns that are on the edges, but still part of the greater metropolitan area. Contact an agent in Arizona City, and see if they can provide you stats on what rents are being charges and what the average vacancy rate is for similar units to the one you are investigating.

Michelle Spalding
Realty ONE Group
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 3, 2012
Hi Albert,

I'm sorry but I do not work in that area of Arizona. I would be happy to refer you to an agent that does if you haven't already found one.

Stan Chernecki
Devstar Realty
(602) 524-4787
Arizona City is certainly an outlying area and I would not consider it as a suburb or being related to the market conditions in Phoenix. You will need to find an agent that specialized in AZ City.
Albert, almost "anywhere" can be a good place to invest based on property, value and strategy but there are certainly a number of additional factors that will impact the performance of any investment. San Tan Valley is likely to have less of a vacancy period while Arizona City is attached more to the Case Grande market. I am not as familiar with the Casa Grande/ Tucson market as much as the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Feel free to contact me directly to discuss in more detail.
Jason
623-330-1513
jason@AZIPX.com
The investors that I work with that have purchased in San Tan Valley have not had a difficult time renting them out. I think the longest time it took after purchase was a month.

Brenda

Ron & Brenda Cunningham
West USA Realty
602-980-3133
Ron 602-499-0694

**Recognized in the Phoenix Business Journal as "One of the Top 50 Realtors in the Valley" **
For some great investment opportunities check out http://www.AZIPX.com
Web Reference: http://www.AZIPX.com
Albert, I understand that the property values have gone up a bit.
I would still recommend to consider a potential for higher/longer vacancy times as we get to the "outer edges" of the metropolitan area. There can tend to be a reduced rental pool for the area and for small communities of only a few units.
While unit/property price is important so is the consideration of many other factors that determine whether or not a property cash flows or not.
Web Reference: http://www.AZIPV