Home Buying in Fishers>Question Details

Acp, Other/Just Looking in Outside U.S.

Relocation from Europe to Northern Indy suburbs

Asked by Acp, Outside U.S. Fri Apr 16, 2010

My family and I will soon be visiting the Indianapolis area to visit family and look into the possibility of a future relocation from Europe. We would relocate to a suburban area and my husband has never been inside any of these types of homes. In anticipation of the relocation, I have contacted a home builder in the area to preview some of their models. As we are just in the look-see stages and I am doing this to show what a relocation would offer us in terms of lifestyle and affordability before we committ to a real search, I thought it would be better not to contact a realtor at this time. On the other hand, I read that if you visit the builder directly, your realtor would not be able to negotiate or be paid by the developer. If we visited now, would this be a problem in 12-18 months when we relocate if we decided to buy a new home with one of the house builders that we visit on this trip? What do people recommend?

Answers

4
We represent just about every builder in Central Indiana. We do require upfront registration of our Company with each Builder brand ... we will accompany you to their office/model to accomplish that. We also sell homes in every price range in Central Indiana. We do provide a cash rebate equal to up to 1.5% of the purchase price depending upon our gross commission earning and the sale price of the property. We have 37 years of experience and can offer the personal service of a smaller, independent Company. Visit http://www.KenFisherRealtors.com for additional information. Enjoy your vist ...
Most builders will honor your request to have Realtor representation but it is a good idea to mention it upfront just so there are no misunderstandings. I would agree with Tim however, having representation from the beginning could save you time and trouble. A Realtor who is familiar not only with the area but the reputation and reliability of various builders can be a good resource. My partner and I have sold many new homes as well as existing over the past ten years. We would be happy to help if you decide you need it! I wish you all the best, I think you will find Indiana to be a very attractive and welcoming place to call home!
Stacey Kiernan, CRS, ABR, ASP
Principal Broker
HR Realty Group LLC
317-723-3956-O
317-723-3958-F
317-513-0141-Cell
1-866-HOMERUN-TF
stacey@hrrealtygroup.com
www. hrrealtygroup.com
facebook.com/Stacey.Kiernan
Twitter.com/StaceyKiernan
Linkedin.com/in/staceyhrr
With most builders - if you tell them up front that you will be working with a realtor, they will go ahead and register that information. You can explain that you are an international relocation and do not have a realtor name yet, but that to work within your benefit package you will need to work with a realtor when it comes time to purchase. A reputable builder that you would want to do business should honor that request.
You might check out this website - search for "new construction" and there is a whole list of potential builders in that area and their websites you might check out.
http://www.relocationindy.blogspot.com
No, Most Builders/Developers will alow you to bring a Realtor in at any time of the process as long as you havent committed in writting before hand.

My advice however is to start with a realtor at the begining so you get started off in the right direction.

If you have any further questions please dont hesitate to contact me directly.

Thank you!

Jacob L. Sims (Jake)
REALTOR
Fishers Office
F.C. Tucker Company, Inc.
12692 East 116th St.
Fishers, IN 46037
317-496-1672 Direct
317-493-2550 Fax
317-560-4466 Google Voice (your vm will be emailed to my Blackberry)
jakesims@talktotucker.com
http://www.talktotucker.com/jake.sims
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jacobsims
"Do what you do so well that they will want
to see it again and bring their friends."
— Walt Disney
Your referrals are my business. If somebody you know is thinking of buying or selling real estate, your referral would be an honor.