Home Buying in Woonsocket>Question Details

Krista, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

Relocating with young family from suburbs of Chicago to Woonsocket, RI area.

Asked by Krista, Chicago, IL Tue Oct 21, 2008

We (my husband, 4 year old, 1 year old, and dog) are considering relocating for a job in Woonsocket, RI. We would be able to live in a 60 mile radius of Woonsocket. We are hoping to try something other than the stale suburban life... any suggestions?

Answers

7
Lori Rossi’s answer
Hi Krista,

Don't forget what state you are considering relocating to-Little Rhody! A 60 Mile radius covers just about our whole state.(lol) We have lots of beautiful areas other than the "state suburban life". But it would depend on your price range, whether you would like to be nearby the ocean, if you are looking for acreage, etc.-60 miles would cover just about all of these. Email me with some additional criteria so we can narrow it down a bit. Also, if you have not chosen a buyer representative yet, I am a certified relocation specialist-let me know if you need some help.
Krista,

Congratulations on your possible relocation to Rhode Island.

When and if the need arises, I would be happy to assist you with your financing needs before you start working with any of the qualified realtors who have joined this discussion.

Feel free to reach out to me at your convenience. I am available to help.

Lynda
I have a couple properties in great areas 234 grand street Woonsocket and 934 cass ave which will be done soon if your interested.fssmith6931@yahoo.com
Hi Krista!
I am going out on a limb here, but my guess is that you are considering working for CVS....am I right??
There are a lot of options within 60 miles of Woonsocket. You have everything from hip city living in Boston (or Providence), to a fun, laid-back beach lifestyle on the coast of Rhode Island... and EVERYTHING in between (ie: "stale suburban life).
My suggestion is to find a nice place within a mile or two of the beach. It will be solid investment, and a decision your family will never regret.
Good luck with whatever you decide to do, please feel-fee to contact me with any questions, or requests. Happy Hunting =)
-Joe
I would suggest downtown Providence or the East Side, depending on your price range, of course.
Web Reference: http://www.alaynaberek.com
Hi Krista,
RI does not have much "big city" living, but , Woonsocket is approx one hr from Boston and all it has to offer.if you choose to live in RI in the surrounding Woonsocket area, the beautiful RI beaches are approx 30-40 mins away. The beauty of RI is the size which makes it very easy to navigate to differnt areas of all it has to offer in a short period of time.If I can answer anything specific, please feel free to email me.
My husband has family in and works in Woonsocket and I know the area and the surrounding areas pretty well.
Do you mean you are looking for city life? Or condos?