Home Buying in Venice>Question Details

Angela, Home Seller in Cahokia, IL

Relocating to the Venice, Fl area with 5 children

Asked by Angela, Cahokia, IL Sat Jun 14, 2014

My family and I are wanting to relocate to the Venice,Fl area and we were wondering what areas were good for children. We also would like to rent a home for awhile until we are familiar with the area and visit the schools. If anyone has any suggestions about the area or even the surrounding areas that would be great. Children are ages 14,13,9,4 and 2. My wife has a job transfer to Venice Regional hospital and I work from home.

Answers

4
Hi Angela,
I live directly north of Venice in Nokomis, and I love this area. Most of Nokomis is within 5 miles of the Venice Hospital so it's easily within driving distance and even biking distance. The legacy trail is about 1/2 mile from my house and goes right into Venice. And I'm partial to the Nokomis Beach and North Jetty Beach, both have whiter sand than Venice Beach and are less crowded most times. Shell and shark teeth hunting are both good on them also.

As for real estate, there's wonderful houses and communities in Nokomis and I'd be happy to help you find one that will work for your family.

Here to help you with every step of the process.
Janet Oberholtzer
484-798-7824

MICHAEL SAUNDERS & COMPANY

For west coast Florida news,
connect with me on Facebook at:
Janet Oberholtzer - Real Estate
Venice has some nice schools. They are located in the Sarasota County School District.
Here is their web site: http://www.sarasotacountyschools.net/

Here is a link to my web site that has information about Venice with links and some of the communities with links: http://www.tammyhayes.remaxagent.com/venice-communities.aspx

We do have a Re/Max Palm Realty office in Venice. I would be happy to help or answer any other questions you may have. Our agency also has a rental department.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
Re/Max Palm Realty
tammyhayesre@gmail.com
Why not live on the island? Your wife can walk to work, the kids can get to school easily, and everything is very close by.
Venice is a great choice! I would assume you have visited or have friends or relatives here and therefore have some basic background about the area. There are many locations that are suitable for young families but probably one of the best is Stoneybrook. Stoneybrook is a newer Lennar built gated community that was conceived as a family community and thus finds itself blessed with children of all ages.

The community features a wonderful Club House with a pool, athletic fields, tennis, and basketball courts, etc. Presently there are 20 homes on the market with a price range from $179,000 to $389,000. This location would be approximately 10-15 minutes from Venice Regional, our popular beaches, and Venice's quaint downtown area.

There are many choices but there has only been one community in the area that I know of that was developed around family needs. This is one you really need to consider.

Hope you find this information helpful.

Bill Eckler

941-408-5363
billeckler@michaelsaunders.com
GRI, Top Producer, Five Star Agent