Home Buying in Manassas>Question Details

Gena Riede, Real Estate Pro in Sacramento, CA

Relocating to new job in Manassas, VA.Can we find a home w/4 Bedrooms under $500,000 within 30 minute commute?

Asked by Gena Riede, Sacramento, CA Thu May 17, 2007

Answers

12
Absolutely. New and resale homes with 4 bedrooms are available in lovely communities in Prince William County within 30 minutes of Mananassas employment areas. Towns of Bristow, Gainesville, Manassas, Haymarket offer home of about $2,800 square feet with full basement and 2 car garages on about 1/4 acre lots in the $500,000 price range. New homes are available with a 6 months build time and resales are available in 30 days. The Manassas area offers lovely homes with convenient major shopping, transportation alternatives and 35 minutes to Dulles Aiport.
Should check out Bristow, VA. It's probably 10-15min commute tops. You can buy practically brand new mansions in the $400-$450k.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 25, 2008
At that price range, Manassas may be decent. Anything under $300,000 gives you not so good areas in Manassas. Look at new homes too near lakeridge or woodbridge and you can take back roads and commute will be more bearable.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 19, 2008
Manassas is huge. There are nice parts and not so nice ones. Suggestion: Drive by at night and check it out first. Cheaper is not always the best choice.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 13, 2008
Wow, there is so much under 500K these days!! In Manassas try zip 20111 (beautiful homes off the PW Parkway); in 20110 is Sumner Lake (new and wonderful) or Robnel/Downtown Manassas (old and wonderful - might be 20109); in I think 20109 you can find 80s/90s homes on acreage such as Woodbine Woods. One layer out will find you in Centreville (Fairfax County - I kind of regret to tell you that living in Fairfax is more prestigious) or Bristow, new and great for families, or Haymarket, holding value, kind of "golf course community" type. Let's see, one more layer out finds you in Burke (Fairfax, very nice, but I wouldn't recommend the commute under the circumstances) or in Prince William, Woodbridge (good and bad parts). So much under 500K these days around Manassas - you are lucky - prices have really dropped!
"YES YOU CAN"!!! Just a Little Political Humor; I use to Work for a Congressman on Capitol Hill Years ago. I am Currently in the Retail Mortgage Business & Have been for Several Years!!! Give Me a Call, I Have Several Realtor Connections in Woodbridge & Manassas. I Would Love Your Business & I LOVE REFERRALS!!! Me & My Team of 25 Loan Officers Can Get You Into that House & Close Your Mortgage in 7-14 Days!!! CHECK OUT MY "TRULIA PROFILE".
Victoria Lewis-Branch Manager
JACOB DEAN MORTGAGE
I have a 4 bedroom 3 bath located 2 miles from Right 66 right off the Front Royal Exit. My husband commutes daily to Manassas, he is retiring and we are moving out of state. Come see our home!!
I have a 4 bedroom all-brick townhouse in Oakton for sale. Pool and tennis courts and plenty of parking! If you are interested, please get in touch!
The easy answer is yes. But the complete answer is you don't need to live in Manassas to have a 30 minute commute. Call me. I have area and relocation experience.

Ron Tardif
Weichert, Realtors
ImReadyRU.com
703-472-5967
Right now is a great time to buy a home in Manassas.There are over 6000 home for sale in PW county with about 1300 in the $400-499K range. See my article 'Time To Buy" on my website http://www.VirginiaBuyersAndSellers.com its' located on the left side.
You can certainly find a home like that under 500,000. An example PW6417819, which you can find on http://www.vahomebase.com under MLS Search.This home even has an inground pool and is located in Manassas near I66.
Web Reference: http://www.mjdimino.com
If you live IN your office...you can definately have a 30 minute commute...otherwise, you are looking at at least 30 minutes...who loves traffic?