Home Buying in Weston>Question Details

Christopher…, Home Buyer in Dallas, TX

Relocating to Weston. May need a temp rental while selling home. Any that would take a large dog?

Asked by Christopher Nace, Dallas, TX Wed May 23, 2012

Moving from Dallas, and may need a short-term rental in between selling our home here and settling on a home in Weston. We have a large dog...who is housebroken and very docile. Is there anything like this available?

Answers

13
Jannicha Forte, PA’s answer
Hello Christopher,

I lived in Weston for many years and have raised my children there as well. I know the areas in Weston very well.

Please call me so I can get more details from you. Never any pressure.

Jannicha A. Forte
Riverview Realty, REALTORS®
2715 E. Oakland Park Blvd. Suite 101
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33306
website: http://www.jannichafindshomes.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 20, 2012
Hi Christopher,

Please give me a call or e-mail me and let me know exactly what you're looking for. I personally live in Weston, FL and know the area pretty well...! I'll be able to help you!
By the way! My contact information is as follow:

Ruth E. Gallegos, Realtor
Phone: 954 540 - 1025
Flag Mon Oct 15, 2012
Camden, plantation would work for you. Camden properties are known worldwide. A 2 bdrm twnhse will run appx $1600.There are 2 pools and a nice gym. Its a nice community. Some things do need repair from time to time and maintenance is always available and efficient.
Hello Christopher,

I might be able to offer you an option, where you can qualify for a mortgage loan to purchase your OWN home here in Weston right away.

You would be required though to have your home in Dallas listed for sale with a lic. Real Estate Professional.

Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience to discuss this option with you.

Beate Rodriguez
Lic. Loan Originator
NMLS# 299 244

Beate.Rodriguez@HGFLoans.com
Cell: 954.695.4849
Christopher Nace,

Per your question on Trulia > Relocating to Weston. May need a temp rental while selling home. Any that would take a large dog? Moving from Dallas, and may need a short-term rental in between selling our home here and settling on a home in Weston. We have a large dog...who is housebroken and very docile. Is there anything like this available?

I have been a Relocation Specialist for 20 years and there are always good solutions!

Contact me 'Lynne Knapp' (965) 647-5335 Cellular, or email me the best number and time to call you to chat!

Lynne Knapp, Realtor
ReMax Consultants Realty 1
Ft Lauderdale FL
LynneKnapp@aol.com
http://LynneKnapp.com
http://LynneKnapp.ReMax.com
Web Reference: http://LynneKnapp.ReMax.com
Christopher,

Cheryl Lopes has 30+ years experience and has given me help on the two homes I have found in Weston. You can contact her at (954) 258-6910 or via http://www.thecheryllopes.com. She will save you time and money.

When it comes time to get your mortgage done, I have used Charlie Harris. He has access to the best rates in the industry and he is the ultimate in honest and knowledgeable professionals. He also has 30+ years in his industry. You can contact him at (954) 234-7800 or charlieharris50@gmail.com.

That's the dream team right there for both your rental and your new home.
Hi Christopher,

I went to school in Dallas. I think you will love Weston. Definitely warmer in the Winter, and a tiny bit cooler in the summer. Anyway, with a large dog, you would definitely need a single family home. Is it an inside dog, or outside dog. ie - is he/she used to a big yard? What breed is he/she?Depending on the breed, I am sure we could find something for you to rent.

Do you have children? How many bedrooms are you looking for? Have you visited Weston before, or how did you decide on it? The school system is GREAT if you have school-age kids. The City is completely and totally all about families. It really is a wonderful place to live and raise your family.

If you give me a time-frame, number of bedrooms and approximate rental rate, I am happy to send you some current information. Keep in mind however, that whatever information you receive today, or find online, is most likely not going to be available when you are ready to move.

The market is moving very quickly here. In fact, usually, by the time our clients contact us because the have found a property they wish to see, we (as agents) can't get an appointment to see it quick enough before it goes into contract. Having said that, I am happy to help you with whatever housing needs you may have.

Incidentally, in addition to being a real estate agent, I am also an attorney. The combination has worked out great for my clients, as they haven't had a need to find and hire an attorney to review their contracts and prepare or review closing statements (in the event of a sale). I have become a 1 stop shop for them.

Hopefully, I have answered some questions for you. With a little more information, I would be able to narrow the topics more to your needs.Good luck selling your home in Dallas (Incidentally, I lived on campus at SMU), and good luck with whomever you decide to contact. Thank you for your time and good luck with your move.

Wendy Hill ElDeiry
EWM Realtors,
Weston Town Center
Cell: (954) 873-6363
Email: Wendy@ElDeiryRealEstate.com
There are a few rental apartment communities that will allow the dog, but how short term? If looking for a single family home to rent, would need to know...again the number of months you plan on renting and how much you would like to spend per month.

Stefanie Cohen, PA, ABR, SFR
Prudential Florida Realty
Scohen77@aol.com
954-547-9203
Christopher,

I think a lot depends on the term "temporary". Rental contracts of under 6 months in Florida require the payment of sales tax, and many folks prefer to avoid doing them. Add in the dog, and you're fighting upstream. I'd suggest you try to expedite your process in Texas. And remember, you're relocating into a market where inventory is low and prices are INCREASING. If you need to do so, rent a place for a year, but understand that the economics is clearly on the side of buying right now.

Give me a call if you'd like to discuss this further.
Christopher,

Hello Christopher,

The City of Weston is pet friendly. Most developments have left it up to individual owners to determine size of pet allowed in their home. We are sure we can find you a home for you to rent accommodating your family dog or other pets. Of course, because it is on a case to case basis, left up to Leasee provide us with the type and description of the home you would like to rent and how much you are comfortable in paying rent . We can then begin the process of finding you a temp. home. Also, please provide time frame of when you are expected to arrive for your new rental. Thank you in advancce for your patronage. Norma
Hi Christopher Nace,

Comtact me 'Lynne Knapp' (965) 647-5335 Cellular, or email me the best number and time to call you to chat!

Lynne Knapp, Realtor
ReMax Consultants Realty 1
Ft Lauderdale FL
LynneKnapp@aol.com
http://LynneKnapp.com
Dear Christopher,

It is a question that could be asked to to homeowner if I knew your price range and the number of bedrooms you were looking for. Please feel free to email me.

Susan Penn PA, EWM Realtor
954-557-5993
penn.s@ewm.com
http://www.susanpenn.com