Home Buying in Minneapolis>Question Details

Leslie, Home Buyer in Minneapolis, MN

Relocating to Minneapolis, MN

Asked by Leslie, Minneapolis, MN Wed Jul 16, 2008

We will be relocated to zip code 55402, in Minneapolis at the beginning of 2009. Would like some help in our search for a new home. Criteria: 1. Commute of 30 minutes or less; 2. Large mstr bedroom; 3. Large mstr bath; 4. Large walk-in mstr closet; 5. Hardwood floors; 6: 3 or more bedrooms; 7. $350K - $450K price range; 8. Private and fenced, Medium-sized, back yard. Could you send us some information which would allow us to begin an on-line review of potential homes?

Answers

11
Leslie.....I think my home would be perfect for you. We love our home, neighborhood, honestly everything....except.....my family lives in Oklahoma and his in Chicago....We are wanting to find a place mid-way! We live in Andover..... email me if you are interested and I will give you more information! ...dczeropski@q.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 7, 2008
Hi, Leslie!
All of the things you want sound great. Except, it might be wise for you to check out what it means to have an EXCLUSIVE buyer agent. We are licensed REALTORS that only represent home buyers. Many consumers, especially relocatees such as yourselves, are educating themselves about our services. We find ourselves in great demand these days as the market has been tough on sellers. Take a look at my information below and find out why it's important to have your OWN agent representing you, instead of taking the risk that your agent may also be representing the seller.

http://www.buyersrealestategroup.com
Hi Leslie,

Welcome to Minnesota! I was a transplant myself about 14 years ago and let me say this...Minnesota offers a very good quality of life. I don't know where you are moving from but I feel very confident in saying that you will LOVE it here! If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at chaska8821@aol.com, because I've been there! Best wishes!
Hi Leslie,

Online searching is the best way to start. Sites like this are good, the only thing is that sometimes current information is delayed in posting and not all available properties are listed. A good way to get ALL the available listings as they are listed is though a larger Real Estate company website like my broker's site CBBurnet.com. The search capabilites have a broader range, too. You can also create your own account and have the same MLS on my personal website below. A good place to start in the south half of the Twin Cities may be Eden Prairie, Eagan, Minnetonka, Edina, West Bloomington, Burnsville and Mendota Heights.

Realtors have direct access to the MLS allowing more search criteria and more property information that is available to the public. I did a quick search and there are absolutely beautiful homes in fantastic areas that fall within most of your search criteria. If you would like to send me your email, I can send you this saved search or even set you up with an automated search that will send you new listings with chosen criteria as they are posted on MLS for an indefinite length of time.

Good luck on your search and feel free to contact me diretly at any time!

Jody Goode
Coldwell Banker Burnet
CBBurnet.com
http://www.JGoodeHomes.com
Email: jkgoode@CBBurnet.com
cell: 612-978-2488
I tried sending an answer earlier but it doesn't appear to have gone through. I appoligize if 2 show up in the answers!)
Web Reference: http://www.JGoodeHomes.com
Hey Leslie,

I'm assuming that you will be relocating to MN and work will be in the 55402 area code (downtown Mpls). A commute of 30 minutes to the downtown area would allow you a wide variety of options for the surrounding suburban areas. The need for a large master bedroom, bath and walk-in would generally mean a newer home, since these amenities were not included in the older/classic homes. In your price range, there are a healthy selection of properties to choose from that would fit your criteria's. Please let me know how you would like to proceed to get properties to review. Thanks and good luck. -Paul
Hi Leslie,

I would be happy to send you properties to review, take a look at my web site and send me your email address so that I can send you the available properties. I focus in Minneapolis and the surrounding area.

You will have many choices give the criteria. I have a few questions to help narrow the results, Are school districts a concern of yours? How many garage stalls would you prefer? Are you interested in a neighborhood closer to the city or are you looking for more of a Suburban neighborhood? Are you looking for a home that is completely updated or would you consider buying a little more house and making some light improvements?
Web Reference: http://YourUrbanRealtor.com
Leslie,

Any agent is going to need some contact information for you to be able to send the information to you. If you would like to send me an email I can get you the information that you are looking for.

-You mention a commute of 30 minutes or less, where are you commuting to? Are you commuting to zip code 55402?

-If you were planning to live in 55402 it is a very commercial district in the heart of downtown. There are a few condos available right now but none that will fit your pricing and bedroom criteria.

If I may recommend that you come in for a trip and interview a couple of agents and then take some time to get to know the area with them. A 30 minute commute gives you a vast array of options to the 55402 working area so it would depend more on where you felt comfortable living. Please let me know if I can be of assistance.

Cameorn Piper
Web Reference: http://www.campiper.com
Hi Leslie!

If you would like a relocation package for the area you are moving to, let me know and I will send one out in the mail for you this week. If you could also provide where your job will be in Minneapolis, it will help in taking commute time into account for possible homes for sale. One thing you will also want to think about is when the home was built, and whether you will need a garage or not. Minneapolis and the immediate surrounding area has a lot of older homes. I look forward to hearing from you! Welcome to Minneapolis!
Hi Leslie: 55402 is mostly downtown Minneapolis. Mpls is full of "pockets" that can just about fit any lifestyle. Are schools important to you? Do you like walking? If yes, we have beautiful lakes and parks. Do you want to have an "uptown" type life style or a more laid back one? So many questions! You may want to get a referral to an agent or interview a few of us so that you can have one start the work and preview for you. I would love to send you some properties - you may contact me by visiting my website which you can also preview homes on the market. May want to add a fire place to your list for that time of year!
Web Reference: http://JackieFunk.com
Leslie -
Take a look at the websites that have been listed and you will quickly see that you are going to have a vast area to choose from. Minneapolis is a great city and I am sure you and your family will enjoy it. If you have any questions once you start to narrow your search please let me know and I will be happy to assist you. Welcome to Minnesota!!!!
Hi Leslie,
Our website has the easiest search of homes in the Twin Cities area. Check it out for yourself at http://www.thegoheens.com
Web Reference: http://www.thegoheens.com