Home Buying in Houston>Question Details

January Coe, Home Buyer in Houston, TX

Relocating to Katy, TX

Asked by January Coe, Houston, TX Sat Jan 26, 2013

Hi. My family and I are looking to relocate to the Katy, TX area. We are looking for a home in the $200 to $300K range in a great neighborhood with lots of green, space between us and neighbors, and possibly a pool. Great schools is a must (kids are 10 and 16). Where should we start looking?

Answers

10
Thanks everybody for all your help. We have been looking at Lakes of Bella Terra. Any thoughts?
Hi, I have an amazing wholesale single family home for sale on sharpe st in Houston Texas, the owner is very anxious to sell. We are wholesale real estate investors who help match motivated sellers with real estate investors and our deals are sold well below market value.

I would like to discuss this property with you, we just put it on the market about a week ago and I'm sure this deal will not last very long. The concept is simple, we acquire wholesale real estate and deep discounts from very motivated sellers and our asking price is well below the retail or market value.

I believe this home would be perfect for you. We treat all our clients with respect, honesty, and we promise to meet or exceed your expectation, lets chat for a few regarding the property I have for sale before it flys off the market. Just some basic info, the house is in good shape, market value is 127k we are asking 85k.

Please email we right away or call me directly, pls leave a message if you are unable to reach me.

Elitedlinvestorsll@gmail.com or 3475134222

Thank you.
HI January!

My partner, Randall Martin, and I specialize in relocations! We'd love to help you and your family find a great home in the Katy area. I have lived in Katy since 2004, and love it! Off the top of my head some of my favorite neighborhoods are Cinco Ranch, Pine Mill Ranch, and Silver Ranch. You are sure to find great schools in Katy as the Katy School District is very well known. Let us know if we can help. Talk to you soon...V
Hi January, You will not have a problem finding great schools or a nice home in the Katy and surrounding areas. You get a lot of house for your money in the Houston area. Most neighborhoods have a community pool and other ammenities but there are less private homes with pools. The inventory of homes with pools stays low. Texas is so big that you would expect large lots but the average lots are 55'-80' wide and 105'-115' deep. There are some areas and lots that may give you more of the feeling you want. Please call or email and I will send the listings of homes that are available. What size house, number of bedrooms,bathrooms, sq footage and age of house? Heather MacKinnon RE?MAX Fine Properties hmackinnon@remax.net 832-964-5619
Hello, there are many great neighborhoods in the greater Katy area. Feel free to send me an email with a view more of the things you are lookingfor... I can then send you direct links to available properties that might meet your criteria. Kevinsechelski@hotmail.com
http://www.househuntinghouston.com 832.545.5503
January,

There are lots of great neighborhoods in the Katy area. Older and newer homes as well. Plenty in that price range, the key will be the lot size.

Most lots are 6,000-8,000 sqft in this price range. When you say "space between neighbors", I'm thinking you would like a larger lot. There would be limited homes on large lots (say over 10,000sqft) in this price range. However, it is easy to search for as we can customize a search to meet your parameters. Cul-de-sac locations, others backing to greenbelts, etc will likely be the locations of the larger lots. Pools are always a popular parameters and there are homes with pools! The Katy schools are top notch.

I have a review of 15 of the most popular neighborhoods in the Katy region. Please visit http://www.markknowshouston.com/communities.php Let us know if we can represent you as a buyer's agent That way, you are not limited to one companies listings. We can show you ANY home in the area. And there is no charge for this service as our commissions come from the listing agent.

Give us a call and we will mail you a relocation packet full of information that will help your relocation.

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty, Inc.
Katy Texas is growing everyday. Cinco Ranch is a really nice area. Katy schools is the near school district. Taylor High in Katy is a really good school and the neighborhood there is really nice as well. If you need help I can email you some houses. My contact info is:

Patricia Parker
Dane Realty
832-496-2832
pattiparker2832@gmail.com
You should definitely start by finding a realtor that you trust and working with just one realtor. There are many homes in Katy that would fit your criteria. There are many things to be considered. Will you be commuting or working from home? How many bedrooms and baths do you want? Do you want new construction or a re-sale. These are all the things a realtor can help you narrow down. That will make the search easier.

Rosemarie Furnari
Realty Associates
rof45@hotmail.com
The subdivision is located in Fulshear but the schools are Katy ISD. You can throw a rock from the subdivision into Katy.
You should take a look at Cross Creek Ranch. The subdivision is beautiful and I think you can get exactly what you are looking for. The website for the subdivision is http://www.crosscreektexas.com Please feel free to call me at (254)640-4371 or email at patricia.isom@yahoo.com