Home Buying in Houston>Question Details

Amberarmes, Home Buyer in Dallas, TX

Relocating to Houston

Asked by Amberarmes, Dallas, TX Mon Jun 17, 2013

My husband taking a job in Stafford and I work in the medical field. I was wanting some suggestions for a good place to raise a family near to stafford. Good schools are important.

Answers

12
Persis Behramsha’s answer
Hi Amber,

Stafford is close to Sugar Land, Missouri City, and Richmond. Depending on what exactly you are looking for as far as commute time, type of home, your price range, etc., you should be able to get a pretty decent choice of homes in those areas. All the areas mentioned have expanded in recent years.

When do you plan to move here? If you are looking for some temporary housing before you embark upon your puchase, I can help with that as well.

Since it looks like you are considering a purchase, it would be a good idea to get with a lender to find out what amount you get pre-approved for, so you can select your criteria accordingly.

Feel free to call or email if you have questions about your move.

Persis
persis.realtor@gmail.com
713-294-7747
http://www.har.com/persis
Amber,

Stafford is right in the heart of the Sugar Land area. Many "city" names you will come across include Sugar Land, Missouri City, Richmond, etc. Also large master planned communities are in this area like Sienna Plantation and Telfair. A huge variety of ages, styles and price ranges. Most are zoned to Ft. Bend ISD, but a few are zoned to Lamar Consolidated. I have a review of many of these communities on my web site.
http://www.markknowshouston.com/communities.php

I used to live in an apartment near The Fountains Restaurants along Hwy 59 in Stafford in the 90s and have been selling in the area for over 20 years. Let us know if we can assist you.

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty, Inc.
Hi Amber ,

I would suggest Sugar Land and surrounding area which falls within the Fort Bend Independent School District .

Many schools are rated " Exemplary "

Good place to raise a family . Lots of amenities , shopping , restaurants , entertainment , easy access to Stafford and or Medical centers .

When are you planning your move ?

I will be happy to talk to you on the phone , and share my knowledge and experience from selling Real Estate in the area for over 20 years .

I can be reached at 281-568-4537 Land Line or 281-222-6950 Cell

HouTex123@gmail.com

Looking forward to talking to you very soon .

Les Lobo , Realtor .

Will go the extra mile to get the job done !'
Champions Real Estate Group .
Hi Amber ,

Many schools are rated " Exemplary "

When are you planning your move ?

HouTex123@gmail.com

Les Lobo , Realtor .

Champions Real Estate Group .
Fort Bend Independent School District would be the school district for Sugar Land and Missouri City areas that you might consider. Sugar Land also has many hospitals and medical facilities so there is a good chance that your job would be in that area as well. Lamar Consolidated School District is also fairly close. The majority of their schools are recognized or exemplary. Richmond/Rosenberg and part of Sugar Land would be the area associated with that school district. Katy also has a desirable school district. The commute might be a little longer but you might want to check out the area and see if you like it. Let me know if I can be of assistance. Heather MacKinnon Re/Max Fine Properties Sugar Land 832-964-5619 hmackinnon@remax.net
Sugar Land comes to mind.....nice family friendly area on the edge of Houston, but might depend on your price range and if you want a new home or resale and what other things are important to you.
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
HI am a realtor in the Houston area. A great location that would suit your family would be Sugarland. It is extremely close to Stafford as well as a straight shot to the medical center. I would love to help you and your family find a home that would suit your needs. Feel free to call me at anytime...

Raquel Molina
832-461-7644
I would sugest Katy, the schools are incredible.If you need help to fin a house o apartment I'll be happy to help you.
Regards
Adriana Robles
713-269-3727
adriana@uptownhouston.com
I would suggest Sugar Land as well - great schools, great place to live and raise a family. It has all the amenities you could want close by! I would love to talk to you over the phone and get more information regarding what specifics you are looking for.

My contact information is:

Roxanna Ghalamdanchi
BROKER, REALTOR
Century Tree Realty
roxanna.ghalamdanchi@gmail.com
281-748-9071

Look forward to speaking to you!
Welcome to Houston! There are many nice places with good schools near there. Pearland or Sugarland may be areas for you to look into.
Hey Amber,

There are many Subdivisions and Master Planned Communities within Min. of the Stafford/SugarLand Area. Sugar Creek Would be one and Sienna Plantation is South East of Stafford and offers pretty much what you would expect from A Master Planned Community.

http://www.siennaplantation.com/

If you would like to send me more information as to what your needs are I can send you direct links to current Homes available in and around these areas... (Price Range, Bedrooms, Baths, etc...)

Look forward to working with you,

Kevin Sechelski
832.545.5503
Contact@HouseHuntingHouston.com
Amber ...

Are you looking to lease or purchase? Sugar Land is the first location that comes to mind. There are numerous medical facilities both operating and under construction ... it's a burgeoning area with good schools, excellent shopping, and other facilities which would minimize the need to continually drive to Houston.

My wife/working partner and I have welcomed dozens of new families, and would love to include you among them. Please feel free to get in touch, so that we may further discuss your situation. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards ...

Al Geffon
(713) 213-6350
al@geffon.net
Web Reference: http://www.har.com/algeffon