Home Buying in Charlotte>Question Details

sjsld, Home Buyer in Boynton Beach, FL

Relocating to Charlotte due to airline merger. Any suggestions on where to live close to airport for a couple with a large dog?

Asked by sjsld, Boynton Beach, FL Wed May 8, 2013

Answers

8
sjsld:

You will have a lot fo choices avaialble to you in terms of whrere to live in Charlotte. part will depend on your lifestyle, what you want to do, how far of a commute you want and what you are looking for in a home or place to live.

Charlotte offers a wide array of choices to country living to city living to the subuirbs to small town america feel areas. it all depends on your wants and needs

My recommendation is to contact one of us and have us guide you through a series of questions and answers to help narrow down places for you to live...Then we can send you a list of homes and help guide you through the search

Dave dicecco
Realtor/Broker
Coldwell Banker United
Cell:704-519-7895
ddicecco@cbunited.com
http://www.davedicecco.com
Good evening, sjsld:
The ideal place will depend on lifestyle preferences, schools and your target price/monthly payment. You basically need to stay within forty five minutes of the airport, which means that you can be in Huntersville, Mooresville, Davidson, Cornelius, Belmont, Mt Holly, Stanley, Pineville, Charlotte, Ballantyne, NC Lake Norman or Lake Wylie or Fort Mill SC - and a lot of smaller places in between. If you give some suggestions on home features, price range and time frame for making a move, I'd be glad to provide a free list. If you have a full time agent with a Masters degree in Planning with Finance and over two decades of experience, working for you, you will likely do better in negotiations. I'd be pleased to provide that service. If you appreciate this answer, please give it a thumbs up, or if this was the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a best answer click.
Hello, and welcome to Charlotte! I know a move can be stressful but Charlotte really is a great place to move to. Being a former USAirways F/A myself, I'd recommend searching the southwest side of town first. You can take the back way to the airport. I live in south Charlotte by Southpark mall and it took me 23 minutes from my driveway to the employee parking lot. This area is a great area to live in as well. Lots of shopping and good restaurants. If renting is what you'll do first, I agree that renting a house may be a better option for you than an apartment with a large dog.

Best of luck to you!

Tracy Clay
Wilkinson & Associates
tracyclayhomes@gmail.com
Congratulations and welcome to Charlotte! As a Florida transplant myself, I know just what an adjustment it will be from the Sunshine State. There are several great areas within an easy commute to the airport. The beltway and intersecting interstate 85 allow for easy driving from many different areas of Charlotte, though from a traffic perspective, southwest Charlotte is probably the easiest commute. I would love to show a fellow Floridian around Charlotte and all it has to offer. Please call or email me with any questions you may have.

Best of luck with the move!

Stephanie Blackburn, QSC REALTOR
Helen Adams Realty - Ballantyne
sblackburn@helenadamsrealty.com
704-759-6168
You will have a lot of choices because our airport is easily accessible from I485 & I85. You might want to start your search in Southwest Charlotte, which would be the closest commute, but because of the airport's proximity of I485 (our "beltline", you can also look in North & South as well. If you are planning to rent first, your best bet will be single family, you may problems finding an apartment that will allow a big dog. Also, your dog certainly deserves a yard!

You will love living here in Charlotte. Our weather is a bit cooler (except in the summer - you will feel right at home) but you will enjoy 4 seasons here. Also, there is literally something for everyone here - great restaurants, entertainment, social opportunities + the Arts are well-represented here as well.

Be sure to visit The Charlotte Chamber of Commerce's website which is http://www.CharlotteChamber.com. You will find this site to be an excellent source of information for the Charlotte area. You can also visit my website, http://www.BuyAHomeInCharlotte.com and search for rentals, as well as homes for sale. My search engine is super user-friendly and easy to use.

Best success with your move!

Kathleen Turner, ABR, CRS, ePro, MPA, Certified Paralegal
The Kathleen Turner Realty Group
704-609-2688
KathleenTurnerRealty@gmail.com
Hello, and welcome to Charlotte! Depending on your price range there are a lot of great neighborhoods within a 10 min commute of Charlotte Douglas airport. I live in an older historic part of Charlotte that is about 10 min to the airport, so I can definitely point you in the right direction. Let me know when your free to talk and we can discuss more details of what your looking for.
John Kurtz
NC/SC Real Estate Broker
City View Properties 704-560-1656
john@johnkurtzhomes.com

There are plenty of rental houses with in 20 minutes of airport. Glad to send some listings from MLS to you. T.R. Lawing Realty has a large inventory of rentals - see their website.

Robin
There are all kinds of great communities close to the airport. You do not mention a price range. I would love to help. Please feel free to give me a call at 704-443-8627 or visit our website http://www.propertiesinCharlotte.com. Also, if you need help with a mortgage, I have a couple of great recommendations for you.

Debbie Arriero
ABR, AHWD, ASP, CRS, e-PRO, GRI, SFR, SRES, REALTOR
Serving the Charlotte area since 1990
Licensed in North & South Carolina

Arriero Realty, Inc.
P.O. Box 77283
Charlotte, NC 28271
Office: 704-451-3895
Fax: 704-321-2403
ArrieroRealty@gmail.com